Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HALP!
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
mifff
So I'm gonna be flying from Hawai'i to Massachusetts in the fall for college and need some help figuring out what kind of clothes (and maybe other useful stuff like hats) I need to buy.. It's sunny here pretty much all year round except for occasional rain so a lot of my wardrobe consists of short shorts, slippers, etc. Is fall cold? Do I need waterproof boots for winter? HOW DO YOU PUT ON A SCARF? HALP ME PLS
Simba
aww this is so cute
mifff
:< srsly halp
bump yo booty

mang you need some english lessons buu
Shelby-Zu
Okay, I dunno if you're being serious or not but i'll try and be of some help anyway.

I live up north and yes fall is cold. Sometimes there is snow too. Especially where you're going.
there is no such thing as "waterproof boots" unless you want to look like a fool from the beach wearing rain boots or something.

You need a pair of SNOW BOOTS. they're as waterproof with snow as you can get and CAN be expensive. All winter stuff usually is. And most of it you'll have to buy off the internet or when you get there because i DOUBT hawai'i has any of this.

For boots, i wouldnt worry about the brand, just get a good pair that looks similar to this. From my experience, this would be the best brand and such. Mine look like this but are grey.

You need a WINTER jacket/coat. I suggest buying one from Columbia (the brand).
Example:

as for hats, get whatever you want. All people are different and wear different styles. I'm very picky about hats, so you'll have to find you're own. They vary a lot.

As for shorts...i would say dont. lol. Wear jeans or long sweats or something. Not shorts.

If you have any other questions or w/e and you're serious about this, you can email me or IM me from msn. Just ask me for my email address or something.

Hope this helps. XX
none345678
prepare

click to enlarge
karmakiller
You'll get used to it. Soon, you'll be walking around outside in 30 degree weather in a t-shirt.

Footwear depends on where you'll be going. If you're hiking up the side of a mountain or walking through a sewer to get to class then, yeah, invest in some waterproof boots. If you're going to be walking the streets, make sure you have some warm and coozy socks and shoes that you don't mind getting salt all over. No need for fancy boots, just closed toe shoes. Get a nice jacket to keep you warm, especially if you're going from building to building for your classes. You don't have to have a scarf, but umm wrap it around the parts of your neck and face that get cold. If people are pointing and laughing at you, then reevaluate your wrapping technique.

If you can't find a jacket where you live, wait until you get where you're going and buy one there. Since you're probably going in August or September coats/jackets shouldn't be too expensive. If you wait until it's cold out they are going to be pricier.
-DressYourEyelids-
buy what you need when you get there. then you can determine what will keep you protected and organize your clothing accordingly.
uhm. i hope you're joking about the scarf thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.