Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do your eyes hurt...?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
lilxroxy
  • I'm not really sure if this belongs in a health section or what
  • I did a quick search but I might have missed something...so if I did, sorry!

So, I would post a picture of how I do my makeup but my eyes get really irritated after a day with the powder from my eye shadow and mascara. And when I went and google possible reasons, some people said it might be because of the application on waterline.

Just wondering if it happens to anyone else here and if anyone else has had the same problem before. And if it's the latter, solutions?

xo R
Gigi
I don't think it has anything to do with application, but rather the product itself. You're probably having an allergic reaction to the products.

Maybe try using a primer underneath the eyeshadow as a "shield"? And try non-waterproof mascaras, or even a clear one.
AimeeLynn
Well, what do you use to remove your makeup?
For me my eyes get irritated if I just remove it with facial soap and water. It removes the natural oils of my eyelids making them dry and ichy. I just use this pond's cold cream moisturizer to remove makeup and oil.
Teesa
yeah, i don't think application on your waterline is making your eyes hurt.

with eyeshadow, eyeliner, and especially mascara, you need to make sure that stuff gets all off before you go to bed. otherwise, some of the makeup can get into your eyes and that probably is making them irritated. just get some eye makeup remover and use a cotton ball or qtips.
livwho
If I'm doing a play or something that requires a lot of eye makeup I do trial runs first so my eyes are used to waterline eyeliner. If I don't my eyes are uncomfortable and itchy. Try using less or none at all. If think you might be allergic to the product you can always get hypoallergenic makeup, though it's hella expensive for the good stuff.
lilxroxy
Thanks for all the feedback girls! :)

But I don't know, I feel like I want to change all my stuff to Clinique's since they're almost all ophthalmologist tested... :/

Oh, I'm currently using Givenchy's round ball-like mascara and just bought Fiberwig a few days ago and my eyeliner is MAC and Maybelline's gel stuff.

@AgreetoDisagree
Usually I use Pond's clean sweep since I'm lazy.
I also use Shu Uemura or Maybelline's oil based stuff when I have the energy to reach for cotton puffs.
I hear olive oil works really well as a makeup remover too but I have yet to try it - natural stuff makes me more inclined to try. :P So, if you guys have given that a go...let me know how that turned out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.