Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: late period
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Coco21888888888888
Hi. I'm just looking for help because my period is 3 days late and I'm usually very regular. At the time i was supposed to be ovulating earlier this month, I bled slightly for 3 days and then stopped. I thought that to be weird since it neevr happend before but when it stopped, I didnt think anything of it. Now, as i mentioned before, I'm going to be three days late for my period. What could this be? Does anyone have any ideas? please help. im so paranoid that something is rong

QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 03:42 PM) *
i've neevr actually had sex. me and my boyfriend are sexually active in other ways but we've never actually done it.
Blyat
You're pregnant.
ley
QUOTE(Uso @ Jun 9 2009, 02:22 PM) *
You're pregnant.

Agree.
Coco21888888888888
how tho. do u guys have any proof or something. cant it be something else??
ley
When your pregnant you dont get your period. I was sure all girls knew that. Plus the first month most girls do spot and believe it or not the lucky number is usually 3 days.

//i have a feeling i should just do this...
http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy
Coco21888888888888
ya thanks... i already knew when you're pregnant you don;t get periods. wat i'm asking is if it could be something other than pregnancy.
tokyo-rose
Have you recently had unprotected sex? If so, then you are most likely having a late period because you're pregnant.
Coco21888888888888
i've neevr actually had sex. me and my boyfriend are sexually active in other ways but we've never actually done it. any other ideas NOW? sorry to sound mean but im really nervus and none of the advice posted is really helping me or making things any better.
brooklyneast05
don't even listen to these girls. i'm a guy and even i know they're idiots to insist you're pregnant with a 3 day late period being the only criteria.

i wouldn't ask here because people here are stupid. if you haven't had sex, you probably AREN'T pregnant and there is numerous things that can throw girls periods off. just look stuff up online and read it. you'll be way better off.
superstitious
As someone who HAS been pregnant, don't bother guessing or torturing yourself with "what if's." Go out and get the test. If it's negative and you continue to not have your period, go see an ob-gyn doctor. If it's postive, well, that's a whole new set of issues for you to deal with and you still need to see an ob-gyn doctor.

Coco21888888888888
thank you :). do u no of any other possibilities. cuz i looked online and all there was was stresss and stuff like that... so i dunoo.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 9 2009, 02:49 PM) *
As someone who HAS been pregnant, don't bother guessing or torturing yourself with "what if's." Go out and get the test. If it's negative and you continue to not have your period, go see an ob-gyn doctor. If it's postive, well, that's a whole new set of issues for you to deal with and you still need to see an ob-gyn doctor.

TAKE THIS ADVICE
superstitious
10 Reasons Your Period is Late
What to do when you have a missed period...

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of any woman like a missed period, unless she is trying to get pregnant. Am I pregnant? Pregnancy is the first thing that we think of when our period is delayed. But is pregnancy the only reason for people to have a late period? Here are the 10 most common reasons that you missed your period:

Stress
Stress can affect many things in our lives, including our periods. Sometimes we're so stressed out that our body decreases the amount of a hormone (GnRH), which causes us to not ovulate or menstruate. Working with your doctor or midwife can help you figure out what you need to do to relax and get back on schedule.

Illness
A sudden, short illness or even a longer illness can cause your periods to be delayed. This is usually temporary.

Change in Schedules
Changing schedules can really throw off your body clock. This is particularly true if you go from days to nights at work or vice versa.

Change in Medications
Perhaps you're trying a new medication and a delayed or absent period is the cause. Be sure to talk to your doctor or midwife about this side effect. It is very common with some methods of birth control.

Being Overweight
Carrying around too much weight can hormonally shift your cycles and even stop them. Most women will see a return to normal cycles and fertility with the loss of some weight.

Being Underweight
If you do not have enough body fat you will not have regular periods, sometimes you can eve cause your periods to stop all together. This is called amenorrhea. Typically a weight gain will help you have your periods return. This is a frequent cause of a missed period in women who work out to an extreme or are professional athletes.

Miscalculation
The menstrual cycle varies from woman to woman. While we say that the average menstrual cycle is 28 days long, that is not true for everyone. Sometimes our period is believed to be late when in all actuality we have simply miscalculated. If you have irregular menstrual cycles, but know when you ovulate, look for your period about two weeks after you ovulate. That may help you keep an easier track of your periods.

Peri-Menopause
Peri-menopause is the period of time where you are transitioning from reproductive age to a non-reproductive age. Your periods may be lighter, heavier, more frequent or less frequent - but mostly just not normal. If you do not wish to get pregnant, be sure to continue to use birth control because you are likely to still be fertile at least some of the time.

Menopause
Menopause is when you have reached the point in your life where you will no longer ovulate or menstruate. Menopause can be a natural life event or may happen surgically through hysterectomy or through chemical such as chemotherapies.

Pregnancy
Finally! Yes, your missed period might be because you're pregnant! A simple pregnancy test can usually help you determine if you have missed your period because you are pregnant. The urine pregnancy tests and blood pregnancy tests look for the hormone hCG.

What to do next?

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/amipregnant/a/missedperiod.htm

I wouldn't stress over three days, seriously. If you go for an entire week, evaluate any changes in your lifestyle (the list quoted is actually quite good) and make that appointment with the ob-gyn.
ley
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 02:42 PM) *
i've neevr actually had sex. me and my boyfriend are sexually active in other ways but we've never actually done it. any other ideas NOW? sorry to sound mean but im really nervus and none of the advice posted is really helping me or making things any better.

You should have included that in your first post.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jun 9 2009, 02:47 PM) *
don't even listen to these girls. i'm a guy and even i know they're idiots to insist you're pregnant with a 3 day late period being the only criteria.
i wouldn't ask here because people here are stupid. if you haven't had sex, you probably AREN'T pregnant and there is numerous things that can throw girls periods off. just look stuff up online and read it. you'll be way better off.

I sir am not an idiot.
brooklyneast05
well clearly i would beg to differ
tokyo-rose
I'd follow Rebecca's (superstitious) advice since it seems good. It could be that you're skipping your period because of stress. I sometimes skip mine or get it up to a week later than I usually do, and I've been getting it for over four years now. Periods aren't completely regular, even if you've had yours for over one or two years.
Tomates
if your not sexually active in that way, then your just late.
My periods are usually a week late and they use to be regular.
Blyat
Anyways
-switches serious mode-

If you havent had Sex than your prolly just normally late
even if your usually regular your cycle can STILL change around.

I overall know how your feeling atm, i was REALLY late once and i was like "holy mudkips why am i so late i never did things"

That's just the shitty world of puberty

So chillax and go eat some icecream ^__^
you'll prolly get it in a few days.
karmakiller
Take the advice of superstitious.

I know you mentioned that you didn't have vaginal intercourse, but if semen gets near your vagina there is still a possibility that you could get pregnant.
Coco21888888888888
thanks so much to the last couple of people. your advice was so helpful!!
just to clarify tho,to the people who said they were usually regular... were u regular down to the very day...? and if so, did u suddenly come late one month, after coming on time the previous month?
Blyat
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 04:53 PM) *
just to clarify tho,to the people who said they were usually regular... were u regular down to the very day...? and if so, did u suddenly come late one month, after coming on time the previous month?

For me i dont think im regular

But still you can be regular to the very down and Still have it pull a hoodinni on you.
It's normal, really it is

just like Super said you could be stressed or just have something change around (body wise)
ley
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 02:21 PM) *
Hi. I'm just looking for help because my period is 3 days late and I'm usually very regular. At the time i was supposed to be ovulating earlier this month, I bled slightly for 3 days and then stopped. I thought that to be weird since it neevr happend before but when it stopped, I didnt think anything of it. Now, as i mentioned before, I'm going to be three days late for my period. What could this be? Does anyone have any ideas? please help. im so paranoid that something is rong

thumbsup.gif for editing

As far as being regular. I pretty much have no idea what thats like.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 04:53 PM) *

Um, of course I'm not regular down to the very day. I usually get mine around the third week of every month, around the 22nd. It's impossible for you to get your period on the same day every single month. It might have happened to me a few times, but other months it would come a few days earlier or after. Don't worry about if yours comes a bit later than usual, seriously.
karmakiller
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 9 2009, 03:53 PM) *
A lot of women don't have "normal" 28 day cycles. I'm not sure how old you are or how long you have been getting your period, but the first year can be more abnormal than the rest of the years you get your period. I was put on the pill to help me regulate my cycles and to help with the pain that I usually get. If you have abnormal cycles, like skipping periods, heavy bleeding, heavy cramping, etc. then you might want to talk to a Gynecologist. If you plan on being sexually active, having cycles that don't happen around the same week of each month can cause a lot of unnecessary stress and is definitely a reason to talk to a doctor about birth control.
Maccabee
You are having two healthy boys. Congratulations.
sixfive
As rebecca said

Being Overweight
Carrying around too much weight can hormonally shift your cycles and even stop them. Most women will see a return to normal cycles and fertility with the loss of some weight.
Coco21888888888888
so i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative! meaning i m not pregnant. what else could it be, knwoing this information, down anyone have any ideas. i'm still a little worried that the test made an error and i am pregnant without knowing, so im going to test again on saturday morning.. but how possible is this?
Tomates
your just late...thats all.
im usually late, like i said before mine are usually a week late which is usually abnormal.
being 3 days late isnt bad.
-DressYourEyelids-
you're just late, hun. don't stress over it.
tokyo-rose
Give it another few days to a week to arrive. Reread the list of 10 reasons why you could miss your period that Rebecca (superstitious) gave you.
none345678
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 11 2009, 07:35 PM) *
so i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative! meaning i m not pregnant. what else could it be, knwoing this information, down anyone have any ideas. i'm still a little worried that the test made an error and i am pregnant without knowing, so im going to test again on saturday morning.. but how possible is this?

Your right. The multitude of people, the laws of nature, and the pregnancy test are lying to you. Your pregnant with twins. Congratulations. stubborn.gif
superstitious
QUOTE(Coco21888888888888 @ Jun 11 2009, 07:35 PM) *

You are making yourself crazy and it's entirely unnecessary. If you (or your parents) have medical insurance, go see an Ob-Gyn physician. You should be seeing one yearly anyway, once you get your period. Let them put their dozen or so years of education to use by helping you understand what may or may not be irregularly happening with your body.
datass
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 10 2009, 03:53 AM) *
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/amipregnant/a/missedperiod.htm

I wouldn't stress over three days, seriously. If you go for an entire week, evaluate any changes in your lifestyle (the list quoted is actually quite good) and make that appointment with the ob-gyn.

nice read
im never regular ):
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.