Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I add graphics and slideshows to DIV overlays?
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
kristynicole2008
I'm looking around for a different type of layout, bored with the basic 1.0 and 2.0's. I looked at Flash layouts but didn't like the arrangement seeings any graphics or slideshows would be pasted down onto my friends list. I'm trying to find out if I can have slideshows and graphics, perhaps even myspace apps, on a DIV layout.
schizo
You can have slideshows and graphics on any div, but you may have to edit the code. What layouts have you tried?

As for apps, I've never seen a div with those yet. I don't know much about them, but I have a feeling the codes would be slightly different for every app making it difficult to include them.
kristynicole2008
QUOTE(schizo @ May 24 2009, 01:12 PM) *
You can have slideshows and graphics on any div, but you may have to edit the code. What layouts have you tried?

As for apps, I've never seen a div with those yet. I don't know much about them, but I have a feeling the codes would be slightly different for every app making it difficult to include them.

I haven't tried any yet. I'm not too fond of erasing all my current stuff on my profile, trying something different, it failing, then having to replace everything again back to the original. As far as editing the code, I'm not really sure how to do that. Know minimal about css. I do have Microsoft Frontpage and Photoshop CS4, is it possible to create div's in either of those?
schizo
You could use Photoshop to create images for the layout, but it isn't going to help you with the coding aspect. I'm not sure what Microsoft Frontpage could do, but I personally don't like using programs for coding at all, especially when it comes to Myspace.

If you want to quickly check to see if a layout will mess with your slideshows, press CTRL + F and search for the word "embed". If it's not there, chances are there isn't a code that effects things like slideshows, youtube videos, etc. There are a lot of flaws with that method, but it's probably the easiest way to go about it when you don't know much about coding.
Mikeplyts
I know of some flash layouts at MyFlashFetish.com that have like little slideshow things. Or you can just google it up and I'm sure you'll find it. To learn CSS and HTML, go to W3 Schools.com. If you don't want to keep editing your profile and switching back, just make a dummy account on myspace to test different layouts. Some layouts will have a class like object or embed or even both, so look for those and if it has anything like visibility:hidden; or display:none;, just take those out to display it. You can also alter it by adding different properties to those classes like the height, width, and such.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.