Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aligning for different screen resolutions/internet services HELP
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
superbjanx
Hey guys, this is my first post and I need some help. Hehe.. Ok, I'm designing my band profile and I need a little help with aligning a few stuff to try to get all good on my computer, but not only that but make it so that when you go on other computers with different screen resolutions and internet services that it will still appear relatively the same. Ok, I've basically got the left border for my profile good.. because that is the easiest to align (Top:0; Left:0;) etc. and the code was already omn there from a source in which I've forgotten I got it from. Which basically gave me the code to tile it only down. But when I copy and paste it and try to align it the right side, it basically won't show up. I would like to know how to properly align this and properly tile it ONLY DOWN.

Here is my myspace that I am trying to work on..
http://www.myspace.com/tenminutestolive/

Here goes the code in which I've got for the left one to work:

CODE
<style>.contactTable {display: none;}.orangetext15 {display: none;}.whitetext12 {display: none;}.nametext {display: none;}table table div embed, table table div object {position:relative; z-index:9;}table, tr, td{background-color:transparent;border-style:none;}body {background-color:000000;background-image:url(http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/Dutra-Stick/border-endlesscopy69.jpg);background-position:top left;background-repeat:repeat-y;background-attachment: scroll; }table table table table, table table table td{background-image:none;background-color:transparent;}body, div, p, strong, td, .text, .blacktext10, .blacktext12, a.searchlinkSmall, a.searchlinkSmall:link, a.searchlinkSmall:visited{color:ffffff;font-size:9pt;line-height: 10pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-family:Helvetica Narrow, sans-serif;}strong, .lightbluetext8, .btext, .redtext, .redbtext{color:FF0000;font-size:9pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-family:Helvetica Narrow, sans-serif;}a font, a:link, a:visited, a.navbar, a.navbar:link, a.navbar:visited, a.man, a.man:link, a.man:visited, a.man font, a.redlink, a.redlink:visited{color:ffffff;font-size:9pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-family:Helvetica Narrow, sans-serif;}a {color: ffffff !important;font-family: Arial !important;}a:hover {color: ffffff !important;font-family: Arial !important;}a:hover, a:hover font, a:active, a.navbar:hover, a.navbar:active, a.man:hover, a.man:active, a.man:hover font, a.searchlinkSmall:hover, a.searchlinkSmall:active, a.redlink:hover, a.redlink:hover{color:ff0000;font-size:9pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:normal;text-transform:none;font-family:Helvetica Narrow, sans-serif;}table table table table, div table table table{border-style:none;}</style>

As you can see, its not all totally just for the background image, etc. Its the page's basic coding... Since I didn't make this code myself, I don't know which is which. Which brings me to another, and last problem I'm facing. I tried to look for the code inside this big block for the code that is making it so that my band's name does not show... I'd like help with that as well :]

MUCH APPRECIATED!
heyo-captain-jack
http://www.myspace.com/tenminutestolive

Link fixed.
superbjanx
QUOTE(Buttsex @ May 14 2009, 07:44 PM) *

Oh, sorry for that...
But yup, any help with the topic please?
fixtatik
i'm slightly confused with what you're trying to accomplish...but i think i have the general idea.

the background image you're using is the body background, of which you can only have one:
CODE
body {background-color:000000;background-image:url(http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/Dutra-Stick/border-endlesscopy69.jpg);background-position:top left;background-repeat:repeat-y;background-attachment: scroll; }

it's unfortunately impossible to have two background images so that it'll work in every browser. you could right-align a div with the second background image, but it'll only show for the visible part of the screen (it won't extend beyond the bottom).

the only real option would be to make a background that has both "borders" already in the image, and center align that. unfortunately, that won't work on every screen resolution. i think you're out of luck. =\

for your band's name showing up, that's near the top of the code. just remove this:
CODE
.nametext {display: none;}
superbjanx
I was scared of this kind of answer coming up.. =[
I really don't know what to do now... But eh, thanks..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.