Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tylenol/aspirin
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
PurpleDaze112
random, but do two aspirin actually work for anyone to cure their headache? I had a headache on sunday, and it took me six motrin to make my headache go away, and after that it came back after about a half hour. I have to take four regular tylenol, eight midol tablets if I have cramps, and advil only makes my headaches worse.

I just wanted to know if I have super resistance to aspirin or if I'm just weird.
ley
That is wayyy to much asprin. Asprin is a blood thinner so hopefully u wont cut yourself and bleed to death. Cramps and headaches can be symptoms to alot of things. If the pain is that strong you should def go to a dr.
illriginal
It does the trick... I personally refuse to take it, if anything a nice 1 hour nap does the trick for me majority of the time (I rarely get headaches).
-DressYourEyelids-
neither works for me
brooklyneast05
when you take the recommended dosage of a medicine and it doesn't work, why would your reaction that be to triple the recommended dosage? i don't understand that mindset. maybe you should try a different medicine instead of disregarding the directions on the box and taking as many as you think work. that's just sort of silly in my opinion. motrin clearly says not to exceed 6 pills in 24 hours on the box. i've made enough midol runs for my girlfriend to know that even though theirs different kinds i've never seen one that said to take more than 2 every six hours (usually only 1). there's a warning on that box too NOT to take more than the recommended dosage. granted you're still alive so far, but i still think it's a stupid mentality to have.

maybe you should ask a doctor or something, but if your response to a medicine not working for you is to just to keep overdosing until you see results....then i don't know, that doesn't sound like the brightest idea.

i'm going to go with illriginal for the most part. i usually take some tylenol and take a nap or something like that. lots of times headaches are more of a waiting game than jamming yourself full of medicine. they'll go away, they're just annoying and stubborn sometimes. if a couple tylenol don't work then i usually give up on medicine for it.
karmakiller
Tylenol, asprin, and ibuprofen are all are different medicines. If you have a headache take tylenol (which is an acetaminophen).

You CAN overdose on acetaminophens and ibuprofen and you can go a long time (24 hours) without showing symptoms. If you take more than the recommended dose... in your case wayyy more than the recommended dose, you can do damage to your internal organs. If you don't overdose, but take higher dosages for a prolonged period of time you can still damage your organs.

If the way you're treating your headaches isn't working, find another way.

http://www.healthoma.com/what-can-ibuprofe...dose-do-to-you/
StubbornFemme
usually i take two pills..but i guess it depends on how strong of a pill youre taking.
none345678
I usually take 2 Advil, or 3-4 Tylenol. If I plan on going to bed soon I will use NyQuil to wash them down. I used to drink NyQuil like it was crack.
LittleMissSunshine
all i know is.. don't OD!
emberfly
I take 2 aspirins, and usually it has a 50/50 chance of working for me.
reupONtrees
i love oxycotin
pkbabe
see a neurologist if the headaches are that bad.
hypnotique
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ May 12 2009, 10:52 PM) *
I usually take 2 Advil, or 3-4 Tylenol. If I plan on going to bed soon I will use NyQuil to wash them down. I used to drink NyQuil like it was crack.

ohmy.gif

I never use Tylenol, shit never works so i use motrin advil or midol.
DGXIV
YEA ME 2
Simba
generic ibuprofen always worked for me
Maccabee
Pills to get rid of a headache is stupid. A headache is your bodies way of saying, I am over worked an need to rest. So next time you have a headache just lay down and relax for ten minutes. Or take a nap if you can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.