Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Which Photoshop is best to use]
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
josue
Hi guys,
tries looking for a topic like this.
im trying to download photoshop to edit my images.
i used photoshop cs8 [with the feather on the software logo]
and that one did the job for me. but i cant seem to find a free
download or anything.
any suggestions on what to use? im a quick learner so any suggestions work
thanks guys.

Josue
Maccabee
Photoshop isnt free. And cs8 doesnt exist. if you want a free image editing program get the gimp, but if you want to use photoshop but have a tight budget you could get photoshop elements with only costs 70 dollars but its not not as good as cs4.
josue
hey thanks..
its been a while since high school so im not sure if it was cs8
or something else.
i know its not free, i meant as trial version.
but thanks for the info.

Mikeplyts
I think CS4 is the latest one so you should check that out. However, some people prefer CS3 or CS2. mellow.gif
markmejia
It's all up to you. Some people, like me, like newer versions better, like CS3 or CS4. Others settle for slightly older versions. And I think there's someone on here that prefers Photoshop 6.0 over the others.
sethisamazing
Honestly, I like using GIMP more, don't know why, I just do. You can use any version of photoshop brushes with it... I don't know, its a free alternative that I seem to like more.
creole
So, you have Photoshop version 8? Not bad.

Since you clearly stated you are working to edit with pictures, you should keep Photoshop. You really don't need to edit videos or animation, right?

The best version of Photoshop is always the newest. Logically, CS4 has new features and looks much more pleasing to the naked eye. One can say CS4 is a minor improvement of CS3, but visual presentation is a great factor.

Forget GIMP.
rampage76
i think you already got many suggestion

but still... new version are always proved to be best

i myself used CS3... really great but prefer you to try latest version CS4..
diningwiththeenemy
The newest is probably the one you should get to start you off. I found, however, that there is no big changes in the versions. I have Photoshop CS and the only thing that really mattered to me when compared with the newer versions was being able to see fonts on the drop down menu and the window being separated so it isn't behind the tools. Then that there really isn't that much difference.
none345678
Cs3 is what I use. I probably wont switch to another one till they become significantly different. I would defiantly recommend cs3. Phtoshop 7-8 aren't bad either if you have money issues.

QUOTE(Beenly @ May 18 2009, 08:20 PM) *
Forget GIMP.

qft
wickedlee
I used photoshop 7.0 for years and years and years and I still love it!!
I have CS4 right now though and I have to say it is great for editing photos because all the tools are just handy right on the screen for you.
I just use 7.0 for doing actual graphics depending on my mood.

I tried to use GIMP and for some reason I couldn't use it. It was difficult for me ... don't know why LOL blush.gif
heyo-captain-jack
I've been switching between CS3 and GIMP. They have advantages and disadvantages over each other.
louisenatephoto
If you're not adverse to pirating, get CS4
If you want to pay, get Elements. Elements is really nice for the money
theerinkal
I'm getting better at GIMP. I like it but I like photoshop cs3 better. I used it in one of my computer classes at school. I know how to use it better than GIMP.
Jeng
i think cs3 is better than cs4 but i dont have cs4 or cs3
i used to have cs3 but im getting it in a little bit ;] [WINKWINKWINK]cough wink
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.