Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the evolution of photoshop 1988-2009
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
brooklyneast05
i thought this was sorta interesting to look at and see how much it's changed. click the link to see pictures of the changes year to year

Adobe Photoshop has always been one of the greatest (if not the best) software when it comes to manipulating and editing image. It all started off in 1987 with a Mac application call Display, created by Thomas Knoll. With almost two decades worth of changes and improvements, you almost can’t imagine how the first version of Photoshop would look like by looking at the Photoshop you have on your desktop.

In this post, we attempt to bring you back in time to look at how the very first Photoshop look like, then we scan through each evolution of Photoshop to the latest Adobe Photoshop CS4 in market today.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/evolution-of-photoshop/
manny-the-dino
Pretty interesting. They had reoccurring themes like always using an eye, and then a feather, and so on. It's so weird seeing how it started off with 14 tools and now there are 22. Cool find. thumbsup.gif
Simba
you're such a design-culture aware broye

kinda glad they finally lost the eye
Mikeplyts
^true. Interesting article. That's wierd how simply turned from an eye into some simple text. lol. tongue.gif
Simba
sometimes some good typography trumps a graphic

JC knows this right eh
markmejia
This is so fcking fascinating. D:

I tried to learn about the earliest Photoshop versions before, but failed.
illriginal
WOW... Dood, I remember when I first saw photoshop, it was Photoshop 6.0 and I had to take a computer course which happened to teach us a little of the mechanics of Photoshop as well as Dream Weaver. When 7.0 came out I hopped on that like white on rice, son. In fact til this day I still use 7.0, I strongly prefer it over all others. happy.gif
swan
Good stuff, Photoshop. Pretty revolutionary. I've always wondered of the transition from basement darkrooms to eyes floating on peoples' desktops.
karmakiller
That's a very cool find. I remember when I was really young and the computers at school had Photoshop on them... the program was reserved for older more mature kids.
Maccabee
Up until, 2002, it was practically ms paint.
Harp
This is pretty cool. It's nice to see how things used to be with something so popular today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.