Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: health food
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
PurpleDaze112
i'm almost addicted to clif bars. i had my first one last year, and the thing was good as shit. seriously, those things are better than chocolate bars. i like the blueberry, oatmeal raisin walnut, and cranberry almond kinds the most.

i just wanted to know if anyone likes any kind of athletic food.
brooklyneast05
the blueberry one has such a nasty color and taste to me sick.gif

i liked the chocolate and peanut butter or something. i can't remember, i haven't had one in like a year. i had a box of them at one point and used to eat them on days when i had class all morning.
Teesa
i LOVE clif-z bars (lol, the ones made for kids). the honey graham and peanut butter flavors are amazing.

luna bars are okay, but i prefer clif.
hi-C
Granola is always awesome, but not all of it is low fat.
illriginal
Granola bars.. have to go with Nature Valley. Has the most protein out of all granola bars that I've researched and they taste awesome (variety pack).

I don't drink energy drinks unless I need to stay up later than usual.

Sometimes I enjoy a good ol' snickers bar but not healthy by any means other than making me content for a few minutes.

Raw oats / oatmeal with brown sugar is great.

Grits with butter or even mixed into mashed potatoes with gravy is awesome.

Fruits, I typically eat bananas, apples, straw berries, and grapes.

Meal replacement shakes, I always get Labrada's, as they taste awesome.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(illriginal @ May 4 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Granola bars.. have to go with Nature Valley. Has the most protein out of all granola bars that I've researched and they taste awesome (variety pack).

for real i love nature valley. they're one of the only brands that has good chewy granola bars as well as good crunchy ones.
manny-the-dino
I've never tried Clif bars. Are they better tasting than Nature Valley bars?

QUOTE(illriginal @ May 4 2009, 03:08 PM) *

I love these bars. I went through a phase where that's all I wanted to eat when I had a snack. I've only tried the "Peanut" and "Fruit and Nut" ones though. So good.
Mikeplyts
Nature Valley Granola Bars. hands down. worthy.gif

Oatmeal is pretty good too.

As for fruits, I eat apples, bananas, grapes, and plums.

tongue.gif
ley
Baby Carrots thumbsup.gif
yummmm
illriginal
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ May 4 2009, 06:12 PM) *
for real i love nature valley. they're one of the only brands that has good chewy granola bars as well as good crunchy ones.

Oh God yes! The chewy ones with the peanuts and peanut butter lol... bro I can't buy a case of those any more because seriously I can't resist them after smoking a bowl.

But yeah, they're awesome and cheap as hell, well if you go to SAMs Club or BJs, you can get a case of 60 bars for only $9-10 happy.gif
karmakiller
I like the Nature Valley bars, but the Cinnamon ones end up tasting differently after you've eaten a few. I like Kashi bars too, but they're kind of expensive. I've never had Clif bars shrug.gif
hi-C
I love how everyone loves Nature Valley. Have you guys have their cereal?
PurpleDaze112
speak of the devil, cause I just bought some nature valley bars on sunday. these are total junk, but has anyone ever had a milk and cereal bar? Those things are the shit.
manny-the-dino
^ These, right? They're alright, imo.
karmakiller
QUOTE(PurpleDaze112 @ May 6 2009, 11:21 AM) *
speak of the devil, cause I just bought some nature valley bars on sunday. these are total junk, but has anyone ever had a milk and cereal bar? Those things are the shit.

I had one when they first came out. Maybe they've done some quality control since then.
-DressYourEyelids-
i would hardly label nature's valley as "health food"; it's high is sugar and low in fibre, not to mention all the pesticides in the grain-products used in manufacturing. it's the equivalent of a chocolate bar.

there are many organic granola bars that have 6+ grams of fibre per bar wuth have the fat, calories & sugars. or try some fibre one cereal bars or kashi if organic isn't your thing.

have any of you ever gotten a booster juice? now thats good for you [and yummy]

karmakiller
Compared to most "granola" bars (like Quaker chewy bars) Nature Valley is a better choice (13g of sugar for 2 bars v. 10g of sugar in one fiber one bar). I wouldn't eat a granola bar and assume it's "health" food, if I want health food I'll go eat some veggies and chicken.
illriginal
QUOTE(PurpleDaze112 @ May 6 2009, 12:21 PM) *

Taste too artificial for my liking. mellow.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.