Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Graphic Design tutorials
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
bigtrey90
I was suggested to start creating tutorials for Photoshop, Illustrator, etc to bring in more visitors to my online magazine. I feel like I would turn into every other site who is doing the same thing, and I don't want that. What type of tutorials would you suggest I do? Or what kind of tutorials do you look for, but can't find?
Maccabee
Well many sites have tutorials that teach you how to make certain things. Like in a tutorial you'll learn how to make a image from scratch that looks like the one they have already made. And you do learn along the way, but rather give man a fishing pole then give him a fish. You should try making tutorials that just go through different tools and what they can do if you know what I mean. Or do tutorials like other sites do but when you use a tool explain what it does, and how you can use it at other times.

But to be honest you may want to think twice about making a tutorial site. There are already so many big tutorial sites out there with so many users, and unless you have a whole team dishing out tons of tutorials I dont see why they would use yours instead.

Or instead of making tutorials a big part of your site just make tutorials on how you made some of you work.
bigtrey90
that's very true about the many tutorial sites. that's my only worry with this. thanks for the advice
Mikeplyts
Yeah, I agree with Joseph on like tutorials explaining the tools and all. Like you could also give examples on what you can do with different tools and techniques. You could also make basic tutorials on simple effects that look cool and such. I think you should go for it because not a lot of people just want to read blogs and all. _smile.gif Good Luck.
none345678
Honestly, I think you should do more advanced complicated tutorials.
Maccabee
That is a great idea! It's hard to find really complicated ones! Like I really wanna see how you do some of your ones with like beams all around them and it just looks so cool!
bigtrey90
complicated tutorials sound like a great idea....but who would write them being i only know so much about photoshop myself?

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.