Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Profile module won't disappear
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Xanga Support > Xanga Resolved Topics
dorelynn
I would like to have the custom module on the left side of my Xanga appear without the profile, blogrings, calendar, etc. The only trouble is when using the script here provided to do exactly that, the profile-message me-sign my guestbook-expertise, etc. module keeps showing? What script do I put in the header to make the entire profile box disappear and only have the custom module display along with my centered blog and custom module on the right?

In other words, I want the custom module on the left, blog centered, custom module on the right.
Janette
Can you post your codes anyway? That would be helpful.
dorelynn
I am using these createblog scripts in my Xanga.

In my Custom Header in claf:
This script for the custom right module. I'm using this script to remove the top navigation bar.

In my Webstats in claf:
I'm using this script for a right side custom module.

I appreciate any help anyone can give for how to disable that part of the left side so that I can used the already existing custom module in place by Xanga without the profile, subscriptions, calendar, tags, blogrings, etc. I want to use the already existing custom module in place by Xanga as a running "point and click to read archive" for previous weblog entries without all those other extra modules.
Janette
paste this in header and see if it works

CODE
hr {
  display: none;
}

table.blogbody tr td {
  width: 0px;
  padding: 1px;
}

.mainleft {
display:none;
}
dorelynn
One question about that, if I do that where it says display none on the main left, will it allow me to post a custom module on the left side? Does that script do away with everything on the left side? I'll go try it and see if everything disappears. If everything disappears on the left side, then I have to find a way to bring back just the custom module without all the other stuff that I don't want on the left side.
dorelynn
Okay, scratch that. I used that script and it completely removed everything from the left side. tongue.gif
Janette
try this:

CODE
.leftmoduletitlebar, .leftmoduleborder, .leftmoduleinterior, table.left, table.left TH, table.left TD, table.navigation, table.footer
{display: none;}

and then try this for the custom module.

CODE
<div>
<div style="overflow: auto; margin-left:92px; margin-top:5px;  height:#pickheightpx; border-bottom: 0px #000; width: pickwidthpx; background-color:#fff">

BLABLABLABALBALB
</DIV>
</div>

(all in header)

dorelynn
This script worked to empty out all the extra modules.

CODE
hr {
  display: none;
}

table.blogbody tr td {
  width: 0px;
  padding: 1px;
}

.mainleft {
display:none;
}

But after using that code, this following code for a custom module put the custom module on the left side. While I like having a custom module on the right side, I still want a custom module on the left side I can fill with content without all the profile, subscriptions, calendar, blogrings, etc.

CODE
<div>
<div style="overflow: auto; margin-left:92px; margin-top:5px;  height:#pickheightpx; border-bottom: 0px #000; width: pickwidthpx; background-color:#fff">

BLABLABLABALBALB
</DIV>
</div>

This is my xanga here. Maybe you can hit "view source" when you right click on the page and have a look at the scripting to see what I should put in the header or webstats to get all the xanga modules to disappear so I can put my own in. Once upon a time, I had the scripts for removing all the other modules and putting a left custom module up with a right custom module but that was about two years ago and I have no idea what I did with them. If it can be figured out, then maybe they can be posted in the Xanga scripts again because I know it's something that quite a few people would like to have. When I had mine up, I got asked quite often for the scripts for it and I always sent everyone here to get the scripts but they are no longer here. sad.gif

And if I didn't tell you before I will tell you now, thank you for trying to help me. biggrin.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.