Full Version: Moderator Changes
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Mikeplyts
congrats seasonal0.gif
Simba
broye to the rescue
heyo-captain-jack
Yeah, I'm hardly friendly or approachable. Patient sometimes, but only with people I don't expect much from.
HeartOfPandora
Oh buuuut, if you guys need that "bitch moderator" or whatevs, who can lay down the law to anyone...I have no heart. Totally built for that job. <3
none345678
There's really no need for a bitch moderator. I mean there's none I would be afraid to warn.
HeartOfPandora
So basically...you already ARE that mod. :P
iDecay
Shit, I wish I was a bitch mod when I was one. I was the opposite. sad.gif
karmakiller
Moderators in general should be able to "lay down the law", not bitch moderators. That's the problem around here sometimes, mods do their jobs and people complain calling them bitch moderators and nazi mods.
HeartOfPandora
^ Too bad for them, they shouldn't take noooo flak from people like that.

Point taken, though.
heyo-captain-jack
Naw, mods here are extremely lenient. Half the shit I do here I would get perma'd in a heartbeat on most other forums, even Facepunch or Something Awful, which are notorious for being loaded with things unspeakable.

Hell, I once got banned on Facepunch for having a post count ending in 2.
none345678
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 12 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Naw, mods here are extremely lenient. Half the shit I do here I would get perma'd in a heartbeat on most other forums, even Facepunch or Something Awful, which are notorious for being loaded with things unspeakable.

Really? I don't think you guys are all that bad compared to what you could be like.
heyo-captain-jack
You haven't seen The Endgame forum in Facepunch. We post many illegal things there.
hypnotique
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 12 2009, 12:05 AM) *

i got banned for posting picture that depicted a woman not in a kitchen. We should start doing that here.
none345678
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 12 2009, 12:41 AM) *
You haven't seen The Endgame forum in Facepunch. We post many illegal things there.

Exactly. You guys are well behaved here. Which is good, because we really can't afford going around suspending users right now.
synatribe
omg just came to visit this place and just noticed the situation, it must be the school load :[ anyways hope TJ and Schizo continue with pursuing excellence in design :]
karmakiller
ohai Kevin
synatribe
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Oct 12 2009, 10:39 PM) *
ohai Kevin

oh hay hay :] wat's up Dee :]
creole
So how many more people are going to get hired?
Just one or two?
synapse
QUOTE(Beenly @ Oct 13 2009, 03:56 PM) *
So how many more people are going to get hired?
Just one or two?

I'm thinking probably around 3-4
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Oct 12 2009, 12:47 PM) *
i got banned for posting picture that depicted a woman not in a kitchen. We should start doing that here.

I got banned for posting a picture of a woman driving once.
sixfive
i hear you need two or three people to deal with four graphics in the queue oic
HeartOfPandora
QUOTE(deadmellotron @ Oct 13 2009, 06:43 PM) *
trying to bring some more activity back into the Resource Center like it used to be a while ago.

Fck yeah I should so apply. Go me and the "CB Died" thread!

CB <3
Tomates
if i knew how to help out more with web design and more with myspace then i would apply.
none345678
QUOTE(HeartOfPandora @ Oct 13 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Fck yeah I should so apply. Go me and the "CB Died" thread!

CB <3

But you can't get all " LULZ THIS SHIZ SUKS BITCH" when rejecting stuff you know right? lol
creole
So, in regards to rejecting/submitting do you have to post the reason why you made the choice? Like in a specific thread in Backstage?
iDecay
If you reject it, you send the person a PM about why you rejected it. No need to post backstage.
creole
Oh, I just thought that it was a long process of deciding and accepting the submissions. Nevermind. :P
iDecay
Nah, it's a layout, not a presidential election.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(Beenly @ Oct 13 2009, 06:38 PM) *
So, in regards to rejecting/submitting do you have to post the reason why you made the choice? Like in a specific thread in Backstage?

Well it used to be like that for some time but we decided to get rid of it because it seriously took a long ass time.
HeartOfPandora
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Oct 13 2009, 08:33 PM) *
But you can't get all " LULZ THIS SHIZ SUKS BITCH" when rejecting stuff you know right? lol

SOB DIZ SHIT IZ TEK SUX WUT U DO?! < Like that? D:

But...but that's how I talk IRL SRSLY (no it's a lie).

Haha I can be diplomatic, you know. :P
iDecay
Looks like someone really wants to be a mod.
HeartOfPandora
QUOTE(deadmellotron @ Oct 13 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Just warning you, some things people submit are horrible and it's so hard to be nice, lol.

You've never met my friends lol. I have to be nice to stupid people all day, I'm used to it...easier to do NIRL when I can think more slowly. XD
iDecay
Have fun is all I can say to you.
none345678
You have to be active and behave all the time or else Dee will cock smack you.
heyo-captain-jack
I don't think an 08er with less than 400 posts should make staff. Maybe an 07er with over 7000?

:razz:
HeartOfPandora
Shaddap, I has 400 now. Or shit close to that.

Did worry about that, though. Mostly I used to stalk the forum 'cause you guys had so much love for each other I felt outsided. Now I don't give a shit and here I am.
sixfive
or an 08 cb'er with 11,500+ posts? oic
heyo-captain-jack
1000 is more than 400
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(serotonin @ Oct 13 2009, 09:57 PM) *
or an 08 cb'er with 11,500+ posts? oic

that works too.
none345678

I think you have to have at least 1000 post anyway to be considered? I don't remember the guidelines.
sixfive
nah i got modded after being here for two months back in 07
heyo-captain-jack
I think 5000 should be the minimum.
iDecay
I was around 1k posts when I was hired. _unsure.gif

'04 > the rest of you
iDecay
He didn't even know he was hired though, LOL.
none345678
QUOTE(serotonin @ Oct 13 2009, 10:01 PM) *
nah i got modded after being here for two months back in 07

Were you less of a bitch ass when you first joined?

jk

QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 13 2009, 10:02 PM) *
I think 5000 should be the minimum.

I think 7,780 should be the minimum
heyo-captain-jack
I can get 100 posts in a few seconds shifty.gif
iDecay
^ Good for you.
QUOTE(deadmellotron @ Oct 13 2009, 08:11 PM) *
So, we still hired him. It wouldn't hurt to hire someone with the lower post count then 1,000 that have an adequate amount of knowledge on design.

That doesn't mean they can do a good job. The more you post, the more the community gets a sense of what a person is like and if they're actually capable of handling the job.
none345678
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 13 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I can get 100 posts in a few seconds shifty.gif

Rebs might kill you

Ricky isn't the best example when talking about hiring on pure skill really. lol
heyo-captain-jack
And that is why mods should have a high post count, so we can easily tell if they're competent for the job.
sixfive
i was actually nice back then :( have you ont seen my first post?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.