Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nba playoffs 2009
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
brooklyneast05
did anyone just watch the sixers come back from being down 18 to tied 98-98 and iguodala made it 100-98 with 3 seconds left. ohmy.gif

anyway this will be our thread for the playoffs, which i'm sure will get about 3 replies, maybe 4 if teesa comes around. thumbsup.gif

so who are you going for?
Tung
no point in this thread.

give the lakers the trophy already.
sixfive
did anyone watch the rockets STOMP the trailblazers? or pierce miss that freethrow?
Tung
you mean saw how pierce choked? yup.
imperfectionistx
QUOTE(Tung @ Apr 19 2009, 06:24 PM) *
no point in this thread.

give the lakers the trophy already.
LittleMissSunshine
can't believe heat lost ):! meh, lol we need to bring back our title :P!
Tung
LOL. you miami ain't seeing a title in another 20 years.

that 2006 championship was a one time thing.
brooklyneast05
i
hate
the
west

i want chicago, philly, or detroit to win. aka the least likely. as long as the east wins, i'll be good. i really do hope chicago knocks boston out though, that'd make me pretty happy.
sixfive
mang i love the west

anyone watching tony parker rape the mavs? like, they lubed up and everything just waiting for him to stick it in the goal.

but by the way jc, if the lakers somehow get beat, the cavs will still lose to the west
brooklyneast05
i don't doubt it, i just don't want it to happen.
sixfive
its okay /pat. i was watching an interview w/ lbj last night and he said something along the line of he didnt consider himself the mvp of the cavs and that it's more a team effort than his individual talent
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 20 2009, 10:36 PM) *
its okay /pat. i was watching an interview w/ lbj last night and he said something along the line of he didnt consider himself the mvp of the cavs and that it's more a team effort than his individual talent

loool.gif

i have a real hard time liking him.

i'm watching the mavs and spurs. i hate the spurs so much. i can never see myself ever liking this franchise no matter who they have. i hate bruce bowen. why? i just do. if tony parker was on a different team, i'd like him. but i wouldn't want to break my irrational hate of the spurs to give him and props, so f*ck him. i'm going for the mavs. kidd is one of my favorites of all time, i just wish he'd get back to the east.

actually, thinking about it, i like who dallas has right now. too bad they are in texas.
sixfive
i really like tony parker and tim duncan. i don't like dallas at all, most people in texas much prefer the rockets or spurs over the mavs. also, popovich looks like linderman from heroes.

tony parker, 35 points, wtf, thats more than derrek rose in the ot game

know what team i loathe? the jazz.
BOSS
Cavs in 7 Vs Lakers
Lebron James 4 MVP + Finals MVP
sixfive
lakers > cavs
rockets > cavs
others > cavs too, but those are the main two imho
BOSS
How high Lamar Odom is, is going to determine who wins
sixfive
lawl odom

in an interview, he was asked what he viewed his position on the field as. he responded, "rockstar"
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 20 2009, 10:47 PM) *
i really like tony parker and tim duncan. i don't like dallas at all, most people in texas much prefer the rockets or spurs over the mavs. also, popovich looks like linderman from heroes.

tony parker, 35 points, wtf, thats more than derrek rose in the ot game

know what team i loathe? the jazz.

probably why i prefer the mavs over dallas or rockets anyday seasonal0.gif

i hate the jazz too, for real. i hate the lakers, but i even am going for the lakers in that series just becuase i hate the jazz that much. i can't even think of a player on that team i like.
sixfive
dude, know whats worse than the jazz? jazz refs
Tung
or the jazz fans. odom made harpring his bitch on sunday.

AND kevin u are f*cken high for saying Cavs over Lakers in 7. loool.gif loool.gif

only way that'll happen if lebron gets 25 Freethrows a game like d-whistle did against Dallas in 2006. oh wait that series was f*cken rigged.
LittleMissSunshine
QUOTE(Tung @ Apr 20 2009, 02:32 AM) *
LOL. you miami ain't seeing a title in another 20 years.

that 2006 championship was a one time thing.

LOL and it was unforgettable :P! but they are not going to win anytime soon.

the celtics vs. bulls game was nioce.
brooklyneast05
detroit looks pathetic
sixfive
portland refs can suck a dick, battier had a completely clean hand in face of brandon roy no contact, he flops, super f*cking obvious flop, and gets the foul call. aaron brooks gets tripped, no call. aldrige hits ball out of bounds, scola called for it. such bs.
brooklyneast05
the lakers played shitty last night imo, it shouldn't have gotten that close. they're just lucky utah started f*cking up and turning it over at the end or else i think they coulda easily lost it. i couldn't believe they went from being up 20 to only 5 points or so. devon williams was on fire, 35 points.
Tung
the jazz played pretty well actually. much better than game 1..

yet they still lost...hmm..
brooklyneast05
utah's up ten, we'll see how this goes
brooklyneast05
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA JAZZ WON
Tung
why are you laughing? it's not like the lakers were gonna sweep. i predicted lakers 4-1. i knew jazz would either win game 3 or 4.

kobe played like crap, and bynum only played 7 minutes, yet jazz only won by 2. i'm not at all concerned. if lakers lose game 4, then i'll be concern.
salcha4u
AHhhhhhhaha KOBE STEAK
BOSS
lmao@4/23
fire
Epic last 10 minutes.

Okay, maybe not, I don't watch ball all that often.
Teesa
my hands were literally almost over my eyes when kobe took that last three point attempt! i don't have too much of a problem with the lakers, but i really want utah to make this series a little competitive.

my predictions for each series have been totally off...i didn't think philadelphia or chicago would be able to stick with orlando or boston so closely (but with KG gone, it makes chicago's job a little easier) i also thought new orleans and denver would go to a game 7, but i'm not complaining =)

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Apr 20 2009, 11:38 PM) *
loool.gif

i have a real hard time liking him.
i'm watching the mavs and spurs. i hate the spurs so much. i can never see myself ever liking this franchise no matter who they have. i hate bruce bowen. why? i just do.

i dislike the spurs so much. i have a huge problem with bruce bowen and tony parker. bowen because he flops so damn much and can play dirty. parker mainly because of an incident two (?) years ago when he and steve nash collided and nash was bleeding all over the place, but went over to help parker who was pathetically laying on the floor when nothing happened to him.

QUOTE(BOSS @ Apr 20 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Cavs in 7 Vs Lakers
Lebron James 4 MVP + Finals MVP

that's my prediction as well! GO CLEVELAND <3 i love every single person on that team.
brooklyneast05
wow philly
Teesa
oh the nugs sad.gif
Tung
the only way cavs will beat the lakers is if the refs and stern wanna give their golden poster child his first ring , like they did with d-wade (ahem 25 fts a game against mavs)

other than that i don't see how the cavs can match up with the lakers talent.
brooklyneast05
if the jazz can match up with the lakers talent, then the cavs can.

i don't think the lakers have played good all series so far. the first two games, had they not had good first quarters then there is a good chance they would have lost. especially game two, lakers played shitty towards the end are just lucky the jazz started turning it over imo. they didn't even win game three.

BOSS
QUOTE(Tung @ Apr 25 2009, 01:46 PM) *
other than that i don't see how the cavs can match up with the lakers talent.

thats cause your a biased lakers fan, and have yet to address that the lakers defense have yet to keep a lead
brooklyneast05
spurs are really f*cking up. dallas has them 3-1 now, but i'm not complaining
Teesa
eesh, utah did not have a good 3rd quarter. but i'm still hoping they can win one in LA.

haha, <3 tung, but i think the cavs will be able to win~the lakers are an awesome team, but i am seriously hoping those two teams meet in the finals because that would be an amazing series (kinda like last year's finals!)
Tung
the lakers are a tricky team to decipher. they play to the level of their competition imo. they stepped it up when they have to especially this season when bynum went down and beat the cavs and celtics back to back on the road.

the reason why the jazz can match up with the lakers talent, is cuz their the most talented team in the west outside of the lakers. tbh, i think the jazz talent > cavs talent. that's sayin how good lebron is. cmon now. take lebron out of that team and who do they have? the jazz have deron, boozer, ak47, okur. all four of those players were allstars. then they have role players like milsap and brewer. whenever the cavs and lakers play kobe and lebron usually cancels each other out, leavin the game decided by the supporting players.

gasol > ilguaskas
odom > varejao
kobe > d. west
trevor < lebron
fisher > or = to david west

bench

and i still think the lakers bench is greater than the cavs. especially when you have a 7 footer bynum and a rising shannon brown.

good win today for the lakers. they should've won by 20, but they knew the game was over already with 6 minutes left to go, so they got lazy towards the end. lamar and shannon brown has been very good all series long. i look for a win on monday. i'm hopin houston and portland will go the distance to 7 games, so the lakers can get a bit of rest. trevor ariza is injured, so we need time to heal.
DoubleJ
^ *delonte west

WHY ARE MY SPURS DOING THIS! It's bad enough that the Nets weren't in it, but now the Spurs are on the verge of losing. I kind of want them to lose already so I can focus on baseball.
SuckDickNSaveLives
The Lakers have the best team in basketball hands down. They know this, so they go out and play based on talent alone. That's how they've been winning most of their games, but this will catch up to them if they don't get it together.
kryogenix
lol celtics

not gonna repeat with KG
sixfive
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Apr 26 2009, 02:57 PM) *
The Lakers have the best team in basketball hands down. They know this, so they go out and play based on talent alone. That's how they've been winning most of their games, but this will catch up to them if they don't get it together.

The Rockets did have the best team in the league, at least on paper, until tmac still sucked, and various others started to suck too and miss shit.
sixfive
BOSS
blazer talent > jazz talent, series could've easily been 2-2, utahs been a mess this year, from being my projected 2nd seen to 8th, and won like 1 game over .500 western teams on the road

i can't really gauge how good the lakers are cause they haven't really crossed a challenge yet, beat the rockets in 5 next series, and then nuggets in 6 is my guess, but the cavs are way better than any other western team
sixfive
rockets can > cavs, while not as talented, smarter imo, especially with battier
Tung
lol at utah lakers series could've been 2-2. you do realize the series could've also been 4-0, if it wasn't for deron's game winner?

also i agree. rockets could beat the cavs in a 7 game series. they beat the cavs so convincingly this season. artest and battier shut lebron out.

damn that boston and bulls game was f*cken EPIC
sixfive
ay tung did you see battier get all those fouls on lebron?
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 26 2009, 04:50 PM) *
The Rockets did have the best team in the league, at least on paper, until tmac still sucked, and various others started to suck too and miss shit.

I think the Rockets are a better team without TMac. I also think if both the Lakes and Rockets meet, its going to be a 7 game series possibly.

On a side note, how you get beat 121 - 63 at home?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.