Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uhh..not sure
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Mikeplyts
I made a new banner and I thought it would be nice if I could use it to make a new standard layout but I'm not really sure what colors to use for the layout or if it would even be "ok enough" to use in a layout so I was also thinking of just leaving it as it is and submit as a graphic itself. What do you think?

click to enlarge

Move if necessary.
Mikeplyts
Hmmm...I'll see if I can do that. Oh, and as for the borders, should I just add two borders to the top and bottom? Also, should I give it a kind of torn effect or just like make them diagonal?
Mikeplyts
-for the borders.
jiyong
i can't view the image ):

Edit: Nvm, I see it now. I could see it as either (: I really like this, esp. the image of the empty bed, it really fits (:
karmakiller
^ I agree.

I think if you were to make it layout you could cut off a bit of the height of the image (keep the text the same) and add columns.
brooklyneast05
i don't really get it. i can barely make out a bench or something in the background? what's that have to do with everything on top of it? i duno, for me i'd like it more if the background was just the different shades of blue and i couldn't see that hint of grass and bench in there. i like the water drops and text and coloring over all. just not the picture part, but maybe that's just because i'm not sure what that's about.

i think it'd be a good layout header.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(divergent @ Apr 14 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Do something more with the text. The image works without the text, if you want to have the text on the image, do more to it.

What would you suggest? Maybe like a texture on it or something?

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Apr 15 2009, 12:01 AM) *
i don't really get it. i can barely make out a bench or something in the background? what's that have to do with everything on top of it? i duno, for me i'd like it more if the background was just the different shades of blue and i couldn't see that hint of grass and bench in there. i like the water drops and text and coloring over all. just not the picture part, but maybe that's just because i'm not sure what that's about.

i think it'd be a good layout header.

Hmm...ok, I get what you mean but at the moment I was designing it, I just thought that maybe an empty bench kind of gave that "lonesome" feeling hence the title. Idk. What do you think I should change the picture to? Should I just take out the picture and just change the title to something, idk, "watery"? Thanks.
manny-the-dino
I pretty much agree with Jc on this one. I like the idea but I... don't really get the concept. I like it though. :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.