Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: website layout
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
shakeene
click to enlarge

hm this is what we (myself & datrooper) have thus far, pollock is the inspiration.
hes digging the font, im not a big fan.

what do u all think?

any & everything welcome & wanted.
shoot
ForgiveTheSinner
This should be in the showcase booth!!

But um...what is this? Like how are you going to place everything and such? This is too messy and the font doesn't match with the whole thing.
shakeene
awh your too sweet, are you being serisou?

messy is the point, its based off of pollocks work which is action art which is the above, its suppose to be messy & not organized.

should be updated

*i agree on the font, shhh:p
manny-the-dino
Moved to Showcase Booth

I like that Pollock was your inspiration but I'm not feeling the contrast between the black & bright colors; you should stick with either black or bright colors, you know? The font's alright, imo.
shakeene
yea i knew the black wasnt going to work, but it was & we'll change it tomo.

any recomd on font?
Datrooper
I'm going to try a brownish color for the text, then maybe if it's good, go from there

EDIT: Here it is in a brownish, i also lowered the stroke on the name text, i'm not sure if i like that or not, i'm gonna try doing a bright colored text now

click to enlarge

Ok, I like the bright colors in this one, i'm just not sure bout the difference in the stroke size
click to enlarge

DAEDIT: Ok, i think the blue looks the best of them all, so i guess i'll try to redesign the boxes now

Here's the blue:
click to enlarge
Datrooper
Hmm, i'll have to go take a look at that background and maybe make some changes if it's too close to it. I'm trying to make the tables now, and i making them blue, i'll do the opacity thing, and when i'm done i'll update it

EDIT: whadda you think bout this?
click to enlarge

Ok, i went with that one, here's what i have now:
click to enlarge
ForgiveTheSinner
^Not the blue!! I think the content area should be white with a low opacity or at least the lighter blue is better.
manny-the-dino
I agree with Ariel. You need to make sure your colors match.
Mikeplyts
I too agree with Ariel. Oh, and maybe instead of having 'gradient' headers, try some headers that have like some paint dripping from it or something. Idk, just an idea. tongue.gif
Insurmountable
If you use a background like that its really not going to look good up against a plain background unless you have you make a seamless bg image to match all the sides. And you can't just have it one huge image like that because then the download time would be to long.

Also only use like 2 different font types, max. And I would pick different fonts altogether there is just something about those three that don't look all that great.
Datrooper
QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Apr 13 2009, 12:36 AM) *
If you use a background like that its really not going to look good up against a plain background unless you have you make a seamless bg image to match all the sides. And you can't just have it one huge image like that because then the download time would be to long.

Also only use like 2 different font types, max. And I would pick different fonts altogether there is just something about those three that don't look all that great.

That's what slices are for, and i'm actually almost done with it, but i don't have access the files right now sadly, they are on my laptop, and i don't have it now, but they are in a safe place
Insurmountable
Hold on are you both the same person? If so you don't need to have multiple accounts.

still the blue and orange are ugly, the more I look at it the worst it gets.
Datrooper
QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Apr 14 2009, 01:42 AM) *
Hold on are you both the same person? If so you don't need to have multiple accounts.

still the blue and orange are ugly, the more I look at it the worst it gets.

Noooooo, We are partners, we are both part of NxtSatClothing, I'm the designer, and Shakeene does all the business aspects, and if you have any ideas for colors other than orange let me know, and i'll change it when i have acess to the files, thanks!
Tomates
i dont like how the background is so bright and the boxes are so dark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.