Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone tweak a logo for me?
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
mipadi
I'm working on a new logo for my website. Here's what I have so far:

I like how it looks overall, but I don't think the name of the website, "Monkey Robot", "pops" out enough. I was hoping to give it some sort of effect to make it stand out, maybe a "blobby" sort of affect like the Twitter logo. I was thinking it'd be cool if "Monkey Robot" had a sort of light-yellow "glow" around it. But I only have Photoshop Elements 2, so I don't have access to the cool effects found in the "real" Photoshop. I wondered if someone would be so kind as to do something to the "Monkey Robot" text so as to make it stand out more. You can follow my own suggestions or do something more creative if you want. (Feel free to remove the existing text if you think you have a better idea.)

The original .psd file is here. Thanks a lot!
Mikeplyts
Ooo, I like the logo as it is but ehh..from what you said, this is what I got.

The PSD is here if you want it. shrug.gif

EDIT: Oh, and this actually looks better on a dark background. *shrugs
Maccabee
Since he has a white background im not sure that would work.
I think that you should have yellow pooping around.
I think what mike did is good just different colors.
Is a yellow and orange gradient too far?
Edit:

Too far with the colors? If I play around I might think of something better.
Did you make that monkey from scratch? Its really good.
Edit:
oops, i jacked the qauility. Let me fix that.
click to enlarge
mipadi
QUOTE(jcp @ Apr 11 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Is a yellow and orange gradient too far?

Maybe... I dunno, I'd have to see.

I wouldn't even really mind if someone completely redid the words in some other style, if they have a better idea for 'em.
Maccabee
Are you not seeing the images?
I like the second one I posted better. I actually like the text right now.
Maybe ill try a few different ones.
Mikeplyts
I kind of darkened the glow and the stroke. What do you think? shrug.gif

PSD
mipadi
QUOTE(jcp @ Apr 11 2009, 01:07 AM) *

I actually like the direction you went with that -- not what I was expecting, but it looks pretty good!

I dunno, maybe the blobby-glowy idea isn't going to work out as well as I'd hoped...
Mikeplyts
Alright, I tried something else. I changed the font, added a pattern stroke, and added a glossy gradient.

PSD
Maccabee
Ive been doing glows for a while and their cool but im getting unattractive to them. If you can avoid them do cause they are a little unprofessional.
Heres another idea. At first I was just gonna add that line on the R and try and make it swoop around the tail but then I just went crazy. I dont think it looks good but it might give you an idea. loool.gif
click to enlarge

ummm...i dont even n=know what i was thinking?
Janette
Maccabee
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 11 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Alright, I tried something else. I changed the font, added a pattern stroke, and added a glossy gradient.

PSD

hmmm...I like that! Just if he used that it would kinda give his site a different feel. Right now its pretty minimalistic and this would stand out like a sore thumb.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(Janette @ Apr 11 2009, 01:28 AM) *

Oooo, I like this one. biggrin.gif

EDIT:

QUOTE(jcp @ Apr 11 2009, 01:28 AM) *
hmmm...I like that! Just if he used that it would kinda give his site a different feel. Right now its pretty minimalistic and this would stand out like a sore thumb.

I get what you mean, but he could always try something different...shrug.gif whistling.gif
mipadi
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 11 2009, 01:24 AM) *

Oooh, I really like that a lot! Nice font, too -- much better choice IMHO. Do you think you could make the text a bit darker? I think that would make it stand out more.

QUOTE(Janette @ Apr 11 2009, 01:28 AM) *

Oooh, I really like this one, too! Do you think you could make the text a bit bigger?
Mikeplyts
Ok, I don't know if you could notice it but I changed the font color to a darker shade.

PSD
Maccabee
But now I think the border needs to have more contrast cause its almost kinda hard to immediately see the words. Wouldnt that look cool if the text was larger and was over the monkey image just a little?
mipadi
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 11 2009, 01:38 AM) *
Ok, I don't know if you could notice it but I changed the font color to a darker shade.

Yeah, that looks pretty good.

QUOTE(jcp @ Apr 11 2009, 01:40 AM) *
But now I think the border needs to have more contrast cause its almost kinda hard to immediately see the words. Wouldnt that look cool if the text was larger and was over the monkey image just a little?

Larger text could be okay. I think the color is good though (although if you tweak it a bit, I'm open to suggestions). Dunno if I like text over the monkey image -- I'd have to see what it looks like.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(jcp @ Apr 11 2009, 01:40 AM) *

Idk. shrug.gif You do realize that I included a PSD in my post. Feel free to edit. :p (Gotta do a few things right now, so yeah...)
Janette
too big?
mipadi
QUOTE(Janette @ Apr 11 2009, 01:46 AM) *
too big?

No, I think that looks pretty good! I really like this -- lotta good suggestions in this thread, but something about this one just grabs me. Can you post the .psd file, too, so I can tweak it a bit if I need to?
Janette
QUOTE(mipadi @ Apr 10 2009, 10:49 PM) *
No, I think that looks pretty good! I really like this -- lotta good suggestions in this thread, but something about this one just grabs me. Can you post the .psd file, too, so I can tweak it a bit if I need to?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dcd3688...8eada0a1ae8665a

the text layers will probably come out funny since the font was downloaded. but here it is if you need it.

http://www.dafont.com/aguzlo.font
mipadi
QUOTE(Janette @ Apr 11 2009, 02:05 AM) *
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dcd3688...8eada0a1ae8665a

the text layers will probably come out funny since the font was downloaded. but here it is if you need it.

http://www.dafont.com/aguzlo.font

Awesome, thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone else for the help, too, you guys had a lot of good ideas. I'll post a link when I have my new layout up so you can see what it all looks like.
superstitious
I'm glad that you're going with Janette's since I think that the font just makes the logo complete.

Also, Mike, Janette, Joseph...you guys are so awesome and helpful. :)
Mikeplyts
blush.gif No problem. :)
Mikeplyts
Ok, I tried something else but idk if you'll really want it. (It's just so fun. :p)

PSD

EDIT:

Here it is with a yellow drop shadow.

PSD
none345678
^I kinda like where you are going with the font choices, just not the effect.
Mikeplyts
^Maybe I should remove the glow?
Mikeplyts
Well, here it is without the glow.

PSD
Janette
QUOTE(mipadi @ Apr 11 2009, 06:34 AM) *
Awesome, thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone else for the help, too, you guys had a lot of good ideas. I'll post a link when I have my new layout up so you can see what it all looks like.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Apr 11 2009, 06:51 AM) *
I'm glad that you're going with Janette's since I think that the font just makes the logo complete.

Also, Mike, Janette, Joseph...you guys are so awesome and helpful. :)

No problem. (:
mipadi
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 11 2009, 04:43 PM) *
Well, here it is without the glow.

Hey, that looks pretty good, too! I think I'm going to keep the current one, but I really like the ideas you're coming up with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.