Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should Phyz ed Have a curriculum
Forums > Community Center > Debate
firechild
Should gym class be freeform for structured?

Freeform: Goal-based standards on calorie count and progress. (More effective in theory)
{or}
Structured: Every one in the class follows the same program. (Easier to control)
none345678
I think it should be burn so many calories, we don't give a shit how. If kids want to run all class, or grab some people to play baseball, or whatever let them as long as they get the required amount of exercise in I don't see the problem.
creole
P.E. should be to get the correct exercise whilst having fun with your friends.

I agree with Abbey.
shoryuken
lazii mofo.. loool.gif
BOSS
i just wanna see some fatasses run, aint nothing funnier than seeing 200 pounds of blob jiggling at 50 MPH
creole
LOL. i' can run ok, but not good like track.
karmakiller
QUOTE(BOSS @ Apr 5 2009, 05:25 PM) *
i just wanna see some fatasses run, aint nothing funnier than seeing 200 pounds of blob jiggling at 50 MPH
I don't care how skinny you are, but running a mile around the track in 90 degree humid ass weather after lunch is a no-go.
Kontroll
I think that they should encourage them to get into sports. You should have something that everyone can do to stay in shape, like running and calisthenics.

Then do various sports every season or every few weeks, and whatever the hell else.

fameONE
hammer.gif

Physical Education should follow a detailed curriculum that is equally challenging to all students, regardless of whatever physical shape that they're in. From an American perspective, we're a disgustingly fat country. By no means am I implying that all men need to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club and need to be in as good of shape as Michael Phelps, conversely, I'm also not implying that all women need to look Keira Knightly. However, it's rather pathetic that a good majority of high school students are downright lazy. I volunteered at my old high school for a few days when I was home on leave and almost every student in the class, no matter what their weight/height, were disgusting slobs with no motivation, hand-eye coordination, or basic concept of what fitness is. That's downright sad.

Note: I'm extremely biased and I'm aware of this.
shoryuken
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 6 2009, 11:16 AM) *
hammer.gif

Physical Education should follow a detailed curriculum that is equally challenging to all students, regardless of whatever physical shape that they're in. From an American perspective, we're a disgustingly fat country. By no means am I implying that all men need to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club and need to be in as good of shape as Michael Phelps, conversely, I'm also not implying that all women need to look Keira Knightly. However, it's rather pathetic that a good majority of high school students are downright lazy. I volunteered at my old high school for a few days when I was home on leave and almost every student in the class, no matter what their weight/height, were disgusting slobs with no motivation, hand-eye coordination, or basic concept of what fitness is. That's downright sad.

Note: I'm extremely biased and I'm aware of this.

boi onli or gurl n boi... shifty.gif laugh.gif whistling.gif
hypnotique
Badminton every f*cking day plz <33
none345678
QUOTE(Kontroll @ Apr 6 2009, 12:53 AM) *
I think that they should encourage them to get into sports. You should have something that everyone can do to stay in shape, like running and calisthenics.

Then do various sports every season or every few weeks, and whatever the hell else.

That's what they do here. Play football for a few days then baseball so on so fourth. Sometimes we play this stupid game called pickle ball, god it sucks.

It's the fact that not everyone is good at sports. And don't give me that Just try bull shit. If you suck, then your the one who's going to be harassed by not only the other kids (whatever, their kids) but the damn gym teacher too? Then when I tell them to shut the f*ck up, I get suspended. They are allowed to destroy kids self esteem but I can't point out the fact that the gym teachers idiots?

pft. lol I had my fair share of confrontation with my coaches and teachers.
BOSS
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 5 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I don't care how skinny you are, but running a mile around the track in 90 degree humid ass weather after lunch is a no-go.

why not dee, i just want you to....run girl, tryna get yo body wet
fameONE
I don't understand why this is even a debate. The responses alone are enough to support my own beliefs that America's youth needs to have a better understanding of fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
Uronacid
QUOTE(WarMachine @ Apr 10 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I don't understand why this is even a debate. The responses alone are enough to support my own beliefs that America's youth needs to have a better understanding of fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

Why do you think I didn't even bother to post.
fameONE
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Apr 10 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Why do you think I didn't even bother to post.

*sigh

Good point.
karmakiller
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Apr 8 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Badminton every f*cking day plz <33

Fo sho.

I did alright in gym class, except for one year. Junior year of high school I was in a class of 60 kids and only 4 of them girls. I was at a disadvantage, along with the other 3, because when we did things like play flag football and basketball none of the guys wanted to include the girls. It was like grade school all over again "ew, cooties!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.