Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: digital painting attempts
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Blaqheartedstar
i just got a tablet and it came with like three programs, corel painter being one of them. Well they got this cool photo painter so i tried it out. 50 tries later and some terrible attempts at something nice here is two that i think are my best.
I can trace and color no problem with a tablet... but writing is still a pain to master.

click to enlarge

Water color style. This one was kind of a pain, especially to keep the colors from blending and over lapping others... must try this again. Original

click to enlarge

Gouache painting... this was my first 'good one' as you can see is a hella simple object to start with. Original

Edit:
New one.
Water color again.
click to enlarge

Original

New one.
Water color again.
click to enlarge

Original
schizo
I LOVE the first one. The colors are incredible, and it's just...good. :D

I'm not exactly sure about the lollipop, to be honest. It doesn't really look like a painting to me, but more like a slightly blurred version of the original.
Blaqheartedstar
yeah, suckers but it was a great way to learn to steady my hand.
manny-the-dino
Yeah the eyes look great! Love all the colors. Makes me think of zombies. As for the lollipop, I agree with Gabi. But great job. flowers.gif Make sure to post more! :)
emberfly
love the first one when it's zoomed out.. except for the right eye :D it's not very circular.

I agree with Gabi on the lollipop.

very good :D Pleaseeeeeeeeeee make more!

//
what graphic tablet did you get?
do you recommend it?
what was the price?
markmejia
I actually really like the lollipop one. Looks like a legit painting.

The one with the eyes is alright. I just feel like that right eye (from our view) should be 10x more detailed, especially on the eyeduct, the eyelid, and the iris. But then again, I wouldn't really know how hard that would be. x]
Blaqheartedstar
i know that 2nd eye is a mess lol but it starting out blurry didn't help much.

as for the tablet I'm using it was a gift from my mom. She managed to catch it on sale and surprised me with it.
Its a wacom Bamboo (small)and she paid $100
Firiath
I LOVE THE CUPCAKE D:
schizo
That's weird. I used that same lime picture when I was doing a digital painting in this one class I had to take. Maybe I could find it somewhere...

Anyway, they look good. The cupcake looks nice, and I like your signature even though it looks like your name is "Anender". :D
manny-the-dino
Omg Amanda these are good! I like the cupcake one better. But they're both great. Yay!
Blaqheartedstar
QUOTE(schizo @ Mar 25 2009, 10:59 AM) *
That's weird. I used that same lime picture when I was doing a digital painting in this one class I had to take. Maybe I could find it somewhere...

Anyway, they look good. The cupcake looks nice, and I like your signature even though it looks like your name is "Anender". :D

LMFAO!! i still can't write on that damn thing.

this took me like 50 tries to get it neat. Tracing and coloring is like no problem. I can't draw but simple things like writing i'm at a lost to get the hang of it.
markmejia
Love the cupcake and lime one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.