Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hurting rib.
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Smarmosaur
back in janruary i was bent/twisted (towards the right) over my bed backwards playing with my puppy when the phone rang. i tried to get up quickly to get it but when i did, something popped (it was hardly noticeable, but i heard it), and my lower left rib started aching a little, like a stabbing pain. i thought it would go away since i'm just fragile, but it kept feeling like something was out of place. basically, i couldn't lay on my left side at all.
so i put up with it for a while, sure it would just go away. then it started suddenly hurting after i took a deep breathe, drank, and ate certain foods (especially not-so-healthy stuff). then it graduated to nearly every food, no matter how much i eat. so after i drink or eat, i get this stupid stabbing pain in my rib. i put up with it but it seems like it's getting a little more painful every day. i also have a hard time falling asleep because i have to find the position where it will hurt the least, and it frequently wakes me up at night.
basically, i'm getting fed up with it because i'm tired all the time and starting to get sick a lot. does anybody have an idea of what's wrong with me and/or something i could try to stop the pain?
karmakiller
You should really go to the doctor before it gets worse. A couple of months ago I went in because I had a sharp pain in my side... it hurt when I took a deep breath or when I would lay on my side (I sleep on my side, so that was a big pain in the ass). It wasn't my ribs, though, but my chest wall. The doctor gave me some medication to take for week and the pain came back a couple of times but now it's gone.

It's always better to be safe than sorry. I know going to the doctors isn't cheap, but if you wait too long it may cause other problems which will end up costing more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.