Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLOOD CONTROL
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Createblog Support > Createblog Resolved Topics
Maccabee
3 out of every 4 times I click the view new posts button I get

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 30 seconds before trying again.

I only started getting it when I lost my official designer title.(temporarily.)

What is it and why does it happen to me so much?
Mickey
"Internet forums often use a flood control mechanism to prevent too many messages from being posted at once, either to prevent spamming or denial-of-service attacks. Internet Relay Chat servers will often quit users performing IRC floods with an 'Excess Flood' message." - Wikipedia

Avoiding flood control is one of the privileges of being an Official Member/Designer. Since you lost your title, you lost that privilege as well. Maybe you need to stop attracting warnings, yeah?
Maccabee
haha, ya. But why does cB use flood control so much?! Whats the point?! Especially when the forums arent that lively we might as well let people post.
Mickey
It's mostly for spambots who like to post advertisements repeatedly. That's why we encourage people to become an Official Member or Designer. Unfortunately for you, you were brought back down to the Member group because of your 20% Warning Level. Just wait it out.
Maccabee
I think im gonna become a official member instead of a official designer.
emberfly
I've never gotten that message.
none345678
^Because of your official member status.
Janette
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 23 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I think im gonna become a official member instead of a official designer.
wait why?
none345678
^There really no difference though, right?
Janette
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Mar 23 2009, 03:10 PM) *
^There really no difference though, right?
haha, yeah that's what i was thinking. although he would have to contribute more to become an oD.
brooklyneast05
i get that message all the time too. it doesn't matter whether i've been an OM, staff member, mentor, staff alum, whatever, i've always gotten it.
emberfly
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Mar 23 2009, 04:43 PM) *
^Because of your official member status.

you can't read o.O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.