Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: J3 Magazine
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
bigtrey90
Grand Opening of my online magazine for young artist. I feature graphic artist, photographers, web designers, etc to expose them and give them recognition. If you have any artist in mind please let me know.

J3 Magazine
J3 Magazine
J3 Magazine

The layout isn't anything special, fairly simple. All I wanted was organization. Also if there is anything you think I should add let me know. This site will be updated with new artist daily.
schizo
It's so neat and clean. I love the little pop of orange on the rollovers.

The only thing that bothers me is the paragraph at the very top. The font is a little choppy.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(schizo @ Mar 21 2009, 01:38 PM) *
It's so neat and clean. I love the little pop of orange on the rollovers.

The only thing that bothers me is the paragraph at the very top. The font is a little choppy.

Yeah, I agree. Good job though. thumbsup.gif
cbdesigncompetition
SET UP RSS :D :D :D I like it, there a few a few link errors in one of the interviews it says "luuk" which goes to the themes folder and tries to get luuk.php.. Though it was unsucessful.. I agree with gabi, the font in the top right corner is kinda pixelated/blurry/choppy. Another link, to the deviantart link on the first post, there's a space between deviant and art.. Shouldn't that be clickable too?
Medi
This is a neat service you have here ^_^ The interviews are kinda short, but sometimes it's hard to get people to talk.
bigtrey90
QUOTE(cbdesigncompetition @ Mar 21 2009, 11:43 AM) *
SET UP RSS :D :D :D I like it, there a few a few link errors in one of the interviews it says "luuk" which goes to the themes folder and tries to get luuk.php.. Though it was unsucessful.. I agree with gabi, the font in the top right corner is kinda pixelated/blurry/choppy. Another link, to the deviantart link on the first post, there's a space between deviant and art.. Shouldn't that be clickable too?

I checked all the links and it works fine. I tried it in FF and Safari. I do have some things to work out with Internet Explorer, its all over the place lol. If there are any other errors do you mind making a screen shot of it because I don't see them.

I will work on the message on the top right.

Once I learn to make a error free XHTML website then I can put an RSS Feed up haha.

Thanks for the positive feedback!
cbdesigncompetition
Hmm, wordpress should have an RSS plugin.

Here are the two that I spotted..
click to enlarge

bigtrey90
^ thanks! i'll check out what wordpress has to offer.

i fixed those 2 errors.
deteam
good stuff, looks clean and the artists your featuring have very nice work . .

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
bigtrey90
^ thank you
markmejia
Love this, very nice. I feel the grayscale theme.

Navigation looks great, though I feel like it could be something other than Arial. I was thinking you should make the nav links as hoverable images, maybe with a font you used in the title/logo? Also, I think there could be more margin below the navigation bar, to make it look cleaner than it already does. xD

Niiice job though.
bigtrey90
^ thanks mark, i'll keep those tips in mind.

If anyone is using Internet Explorer, are the other pages messed up for you?
bigtrey90
^ thanks!
none345678
I love the orange for the rollovers.
bigtrey90
^thanks
manny-the-dino
I like it. Very simple. It's so weird because I'm always used to your designs not being simple haha. But it works. I agree about the pixelated text. Everything looks great though. flowers.gif
Medi
Do you only do young artists? (sorry if that sounds pedofile-like..)
Simba
dang, ish is tight
bigtrey90
QUOTE(Medi @ Mar 22 2009, 12:51 AM) *
Do you only do young artists? (sorry if that sounds pedofile-like..)

lol anyone between the ages of 12 - 30

i appreciate the positive comments!
emberfly
did you spell ARTISTS incorrectly every single time on purpose?
bigtrey90
QUOTE(emberfly @ Mar 22 2009, 01:08 PM) *
did you spell ARTISTS incorrectly every single time on purpose?

only if i'm referring to one artist would i put "artist". I do need to correct the message at the top and add an "s".

thanks for catching that, i read over it so many times haha.
Simba
yo the artists you feature are pretty high standard too...
emberfly
in the opening message here
http://j3mag.uniqsole.com/

you used artist, also, which is incorrect.

unless you really did mean to put artist, then you should put AN artist.
bigtrey90
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Mar 22 2009, 01:49 PM) *
yo the artists you feature are pretty high standard too...

is that a bad thing? mellow.gif

yes they are very talented, but all of them aren't professionals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.