Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1 2 3.
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Mikeplyts
Well, I was playing around in Ps and I came up with this.

Ok, the database center problem has been resolved. ;)

UPDATE: (Reflection's Perspective)

UPDATE #2: (Reflection's Perspective)

UPDATE #3: (Reflection's Perspective & Longer Gradient)

UPDATE #4: (Reflection's Perspective Adjusted, 'Floor' Gradient Adjusted, & Text Gradient Adjusted)

I liked it so I set as my desktop background but now I'm thinking of probally submitting it. I was just wondering what you think or if maybe something should be added/modified. Thanks. _smile.gif
tokyo-rose
The image doesn't work for me.
manny-the-dino
It... doesn't show up for me.
Mikeplyts
Aw crap. Yeah, I just realized that. It looks like my site isn't working properly. Can one of ya'll check out my site on your comps to check if it still works? I'm working this out with my host but I think they're having some kind of database center thing problem and doing some maintence stuff so Idk. cry.gif

ughh...
manny-the-dino
Yeah it's not working.

"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.mikeplyts.net/”. The error was: “unknown error” (kCFErrorDomainWinSock:10054) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."
Maccabee
I hope you backed up your files.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 13 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I hope you backed up your files.

Sure did. laugh.gif
deteam
ya doesnt work let me know when things are back up and ill come back and drop sum feed

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
technicolour
Just upload the image to Imageshack.us for now?

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee. Aw Mike. I need to see some variety from you. It's like, the same colors. Same font. Same..method. Spice it up! I can understand style and how someone does certain things, but they can still have a variety-filled 'folio.

Just, try a different font. Like, Georgia. And go from there.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(technicolour @ Mar 13 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee. Aw Mike. I need to see some variety from you. It's like, the same colors. Same font. Same..method. Spice it up! I can understand style and how someone does certain things, but they can still have a variety-filled 'folio.

Just, try a different font. Like, Georgia. And go from there.

huh.gif

You can see the image? Uhh...ok.

Yeah, I'm just trying to expierment with some different stuff. I'm just like idea-less right now. sad.gif *sigh*
technicolour
Well. I saw the image for like, 2 seconds.

Maybe you should surf some design blogs. Go check out flickr. Gain some new inspiration.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(technicolour @ Mar 13 2009, 10:31 PM) *
Well. I saw the image for like, 2 seconds.

Maybe you should surf some design blogs. Go check out flickr. Gain some new inspiration.

Oh yeah. I haven't been to flickr like in 3 months or something. Thanks. happy.gif
manny-the-dino
Let us see the picture, Mike!
Maccabee
http://www.mikeplyts.net/images/1_2_3.png
Upload that to tinypic! I wanna see it!
Mikeplyts
Updated. :)
manny-the-dino
YAY!

I like it. Very simple. What is this for?
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Mar 13 2009, 10:45 PM) *
YAY!

I like it. Very simple. What is this for?

Thanks! It's not really for anything. It was just really something I randomly made. *shrugs
manny-the-dino
It's cool. I think it'd look a lot cooler if you animated it. Like had each number light up.
Maccabee
The mirrored letters look kinda stretched and distorted. And I think the numbers should sort of glow. Like illuminate. Just add like a white drop shadow directly under them. Really cool though! That mirroring effect is underused. I really like it.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Mar 13 2009, 10:53 PM) *
It's cool. I think it'd look a lot cooler if you animated it. Like had each number light up.

Hmm...I'll try that tommorrow. Thanks. _smile.gif

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 13 2009, 11:12 PM) *
The mirrored letters look kinda stretched and distorted. And I think the numbers should sort of glow. Like illuminate. Just add like a white drop shadow directly under them. Really cool though! That mirroring effect is underused. I really like it.

Well, I did add an outer glow but I guess you can't really see it. =\ Also, I tried to make the reflection realistic like as if it were a glass floor, you know? And if you look at a reflection on a glass floor from a distance, the reflection looks kind of squished so yeah...*shrugs Thanks though. biggrin.gif
Maccabee
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Mar 13 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Hmm...I'll try that tommorrow. Thanks. _smile.gif
Well, I did add an outer glow but I guess you can't really see it. =\ Also, I tried to make the reflection realistic like as if it were a glass floor, you know? And if you look at a reflection on a glass floor from a distance, the reflection looks kind of squished so yeah...*shrugs Thanks though. biggrin.gif

Actually I aggree. Just make the glow brighter. Higher the opacity if its lowered.
Edit: Did you update it? I think the glow doesnt look as good cause it ends kinda sharply. Set it to soft glow. I think you can do that in photo shop. And ditto for the glow beneath.
markmejia
It might be nice to add some perspective to that reflection. =]
Medi
It's nice. You should add a glare to the main font to make the reflection stand out more.
emberfly
it looks like you scrunched up the reflection. it doesn't look realistic.
Mikeplyts
Ok, I updated it. :)
Maccabee
make the gradient longer.
like when you do it dont go
---
!
!
!
---

but

---
!
!
!
!
!
---
Mikeplyts
Updated.

EDIT:

Added another update. :p
Maccabee
Looks great! But thats not the gradient I meant. I meant the one in the text. Cause it looks like a thing white bar. it needs to be longer.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(divergent @ Mar 14 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Yeah, looks better, though the 1 looks weirrrd.

Hmm...yeah, I just noticed that. I updated it to make it look not so wierd. *shrugs

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 14 2009, 02:02 PM) *
Looks great! But thats not the gradient I meant. I meant the one in the text. Cause it looks like a thing white bar. it needs to be longer.

Oh, ok. Updated. :)
ForgiveTheSinner
When will we see NEW styles?!

/endrant

It's simple, I'm not fond of the glow.
Maccabee
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Mar 14 2009, 02:14 PM) *
Hmm...yeah, I just noticed that. I updated it to make it look not so wierd. *shrugs
Oh, ok. Updated. :)

Still a little hard. Could be softened but still better:)
Great job!
creole
QUOTE(ForgiveTheSinner @ Mar 14 2009, 01:00 PM) *
When will we see NEW styles?!

/endrant

It's simple, I'm not fond of the glow.

Agreed. I want some colors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.