Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are You Eating for Dinner Tonight?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
Pages: 1, 2
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(interpretation @ Mar 13 2009, 07:28 PM) *
My mom is cooking salmon.
hi-C
I have no idea. Maybe frozen lasagna.
Melie
shrimp and wild rice casserole. yummy stuff right there!
manny-the-dino
I just had a bagel & chicken nuggets. Some dinner. _dry.gif
TOOLBAGSIRNUTS
get the door, its domino's
misoshiru
i had toast for dinnerz. sad.gif
Joanne
^ That's what I would eat every night if I had to cook for myself. pinch.gif
misoshiru
well..it was cuz i wasn't hungriez at a normal time. and suddenly it was 10. so i decided to just make toast. haha.
hi-C
"Homemade" pizza. The crust isn't homemade, but I assembled it myself. Portobello mushrooms, zucchini, tomato, onion, and a big pile of shredded mozarella.
tokyo-rose
I had fried pork dumplings and broccoli. Yummy.
Melie
empanadas y arroz con habichuelas

breaded steak and rice with beans
illriginal
Baked chicken, fried yuca, fried plantains, white rice, and black beans with salad. cool.gif
Joanne
Guu! biggrin.gif
manny-the-dino
Probably what I had for lunch: chicken & pizza. Either way, it was reeeeeeeeeeeeeally good.
fainaru
Rice, some greens and steamed wisked eggs :) Delicious!
Eww
Noodles, fried chicken, and broccoli.
Janette
some fajitas and tortillas and ...yeah.
tokyo-rose
I ate rice with string beans, cha siu, shrimp, mushrooms, and onions.
hi-C
Broccoli risotto. It's not as tasty as it sounds.
Gigi
I just had hot pot.

mmmmm
dosomethin888
Fruit Salad, Salad, and Pizza. Yum.
Oh, and cake and ice cream.

It was my cousin Kate's 3rd birthday party.
smash
caesar salad, chopped sirloin steak w/mushrooms & onions, roasted asparagus, and 6 layer chocolate cake for dessert.
hi-C
QUOTE(smash @ Mar 23 2009, 12:53 AM) *
6 layer chocolate cake for dessert.
I'm jealous. I want chocolate cake so bad. I might end up making chocolate cupcakes tomorrow.
smash
go for it. i've been eyeing this box of confetti cupcake mix we have in the pantry. i might have to whip those up tomorrow.
hi-C
QUOTE(hi-C @ Mar 29 2009, 08:25 PM) *
I had quinoa and sweet potato fries for dinner.
manny-the-dino
We had pizza hut. shrug.gif
smash
salmon and jasmine rice.
illriginal
Salmon with brown rice and red potatoes cool.gif
superstitious
^ Man, I wish I could get into salmon. :( I like other types of fish, like red snapper but salmon is too strong for me.

Tonight we're going to have turkey kielbasa, creamed corn, cheddar and broccoli rice and maybe some sourdough toast. I'm feeling lazy.
mipadi
QUOTE(superstitious @ Apr 22 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Tonight we're going to have turkey kielbasa, creamed corn, cheddar and broccoli rice and maybe some sourdough toast. I'm feeling lazy.

That sounds great! I'll pass on the corn though -- not a comment on my perception of your corn-making prowess, just an affirmation that I adamantly refuse to eat corn. Anything with cheddar and broccoli is delicious, though.

I might end up eating nothing for reals, though; I have to leave for the airport at 5:00 (too early to eat), but I won't arrival at my final destination until midnight. Maybe I'll eat whatever they're selling at the Charlotte airport when I'm waiting for my connecting flight.
superstitious
Oh man, I LOVE corn. I had corn pudding for the first time last year (I guess it's a southern thing? I'm still getting used to all the southern food) and I was floored. Totally amazing.

Airport food is really expensive. You might want to opt for packing a sandwich or something.
iExquisite
watermelons
Janette
I don't know. Hopefully a burrito.
superstitious
It's not as hot as it has been here, so I'm grilling chicken tonight. Sweet potato fries on the side and might go to the market to get some fresh corn to grill.

Also, there will be much wine.
DoubleJ
how does one make sweet potato fries?
superstitious
They're way easy. Boil a few sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes. Take out of the water and let cool a bit. Cut into fries (about 1/4 inch thick...think of Wendy's fries, for the size of the cut). You can either fry or bake (I typically bake). You can have them either sweet or salty. For sweet you would sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on the fries, for salty, a regular seasoning salt will do.

Bake at 375-400 degrees, depending on the oven if you choose to bake and if you fry, fry in a little bit of oil, usually for about 3-4 minutes. Don't fry too many at a time, they'll stick and won't cook as evenly. Also, make sure to drain. :)
smash
chicken fajitas.
hi-C
Already had dinner: pasta with mushrooms and spinach in a basil tomato cashew "cream" sauce and a So Delicious coconut milk ice cream sandwich. It made me so happy.
smash
first dinner: leftover spaghetti. don't know what's to come. i might have to break down and go get a cheeseburger.... i haven't had one in weeks.

edit: Carrie you make me sick. all of that sounds frickin delicious.
manny-the-dino
We had some chicken, potatoes, and rice. It wasn't that bad.
tokyo-rose
I had rice, string beans, pork(?), and a sunny-side up egg.
karmakiller
I had chicken marsala.
superstitious
Grilled sirloin steaks, large baked potatoes, grilled corn on the cob and Hawaiian Rolls. I need some home grilin' tonight.

Oh and tea. Need to set out the sun tea!
creole
Pussy. _smile.gif
datass
crappiest dinner ever ermm.gif

some almost tasteless winter melon soup, stir fried veggies and some bitter melon with eggs which i didn't even pick at.
Mikeplyts
Chicken, rice, and baked potatoes. shrug.gif
tokyo-rose
Fish and rice, I think.
hi-C
I had fried green tomatoes and mashed potatoes. I was also going to have a veganized version of a shrimp salad (mine made with
tofu and vegenaise instead of shrimp and mayo), but the tofu took too long to defrost, so I made it after dinner and plan on snacking on it throughout the day.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Jul 12 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Oh and tea. Need to set out the sun tea!
Sun tea is ftw. We haven't had any yet this summer, but I hope we will soon. We use the cool brew tea bags for iced tea throughout the year, but it just doesn't compare to sun tea
tokyo-rose
I had noodles, string beans, and pork.
superstitious
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jul 12 2009, 10:49 AM) *
Grilled sirloin steaks, large baked potatoes, grilled corn on the cob and Hawaiian Rolls. I need some home grilin' tonight.

We're having the same thing tonight. It's sort of turning into a Sunday ritual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.