Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nerd layout
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Maccabee
I know its basic but i put it together in a few minutes cause i thought it would be funny.
c&c.
What can I do to make it not boring. But if I add backgrounds or anything it will ruin the point cause its the blue screen of death.
Live Preview
Tomates
i like the concept. Though if i were you i would just make the whole thing bigger
Mikeplyts
I like the concept as well. Although, I think maybe you should make like a monitor kind of looking container for the content and stuff. I think you should also add more, like maybe instead having the nav be on the screen, make like a keyboard with the "ADD, MESSAGE" and etc. as keys. Idk, maybe also make kind of like a little chat window but make it so it works as a comment box. But Idk, that's just a few ideas. shrug.gif biggrin.gif
Maccabee
QUOTE(divergent @ Mar 9 2009, 05:48 PM) *
I think the background of the layout should match the background of the BSOD.

Say what?

O and mike thats a great idea! Maybe ill put it in like a crt monitor!
It would sorta ruin the concept but it would not be as plain. Cause if I submitted it like it is now I dont think it would make it...
Maccabee
QUOTE(divergent @ Mar 9 2009, 05:58 PM) *
I meant to put the word color there too, I thought you'd get that.

ummm...I still dont understand...
Maccabee
Im seeing 0001AB everywhere?!
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 9 2009, 06:25 PM) *
Im seeing 0001AB everywhere?!

same here.
markmejia
Fell for it.

It looks clean.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(decaydancefbr @ Mar 9 2009, 06:36 PM) *
In certain browsers guys, it tends to smooth an image a certain way, making it look different, especially in Safari and IE.

Ah. But I'm using IE right now and it looks fine. It also looks fine to me in FF. shrug.gif
Maccabee
hrmm...dont know what I can do about that...
emberfly
looks fine for me.. firefox.

If you turn your contrast all the way up and your brightness all the way up maybe it will work.
imperfectionistx
Looks fine for me in IE. Neat idea (:
You should make the underscore _ blink on and off. I think it'll look cool happy.gif
Maccabee
QUOTE(ect @ Mar 9 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Looks fine for me in IE. Neat idea (:
You should make the underscore _ blink on and off. I think it'll look cool happy.gif

Good idea!
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Mar 9 2009, 03:47 PM) *
I like the concept as well. Although, I think maybe you should make like a monitor kind of looking container for the content and stuff. I think you should also add more, like maybe instead having the nav be on the screen, make like a keyboard with the "ADD, MESSAGE" and etc. as keys. Idk, maybe also make kind of like a little chat window but make it so it works as a comment box. But Idk, that's just a few ideas. shrug.gif biggrin.gif
QUOTE(ect @ Mar 9 2009, 04:43 PM) *

I like these ideas. I think you should go for it.

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 9 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Cause if I submitted it like it is now I dont think it would make it...

Yeah tbh, I'd reject it for being plain. "/

QUOTE(divergent @ Mar 9 2009, 04:30 PM) *
In your code, I did the "view source" it says 0001AB. However, I took a screenshot of the layout open in Safari, and it showed them having two different colors. I opened that screenshot in photoshop, used the dropper tool on one of the pixels in the BSOD and it told me that the hex for that pixel was 1B00A2.

I'm seeing what you see. Here's a screenshot, Joseph:
click to enlarge

When I first saw the layout I went "Omg." because of the blue but I like the idea. I think if you add more, like what Mike & JJ suggested, it'd look better.
Maccabee
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Mar 9 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I like these ideas. I think you should go for it.
Yeah tbh, I'd reject it for being plain. "/
I'm seeing what you see. Here's a screenshot, Joseph:

When I first saw the layout I went "Omg." because of the blue but I like the idea. I think if you add more, like what Mike & JJ suggested, it'd look better.

Thats so weird.
Its like purple! Ive looked on two computers and several browsers.
I dont know how Id fix this... I dont want to make it bigger cause then it would take longer to load...
cbdesigncompetition
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 9 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Thats so weird.
Its like purple! Ive looked on two computers and several browsers.
I dont know how Id fix this... I dont want to make it bigger cause then it would take longer to load...

It's all text you should be able to code a BSOD.
Maccabee
But I want it to look kinda bad qauility looking.
As you can see the stuff that says about me doesnt look the same.
none345678
Just type it out and use a different font for the about me
Maccabee
The blue screen of death font is consolas.
Maccabee
Another version. Which one is better? which one should I continue to edit.
http://www.wefuze.com/cb/showcase/blue.html
http://www.wefuze.com/cb/showcase/blue2.html
HeartOfPandora
Personally, I think they're both pretty boring... Also, the computer images are both of extremely low quality, might want to fix that.
Mikeplyts
Oohh, the second version is bettter. But yeah, I agree that the image qualities are kinda low. Although, I do like the blinking underscore. shrug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.