Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cB Design Competition
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
cbdesigncompetition
No names this time, I had to resize them so they're all the same size. _smile.gif

We'll judge these tonight, and a winner will be announced on Tuesday. I know there's not a lot of time for community input, but hopefully a lot of people will participate round 3 before the deadline. :P
Firiath
I like #2 and #4 :D

#1 - It's kinda simple and I don't really like the glows... And what's the teddy doing there? xDDD I mean, it's cute but I don't get it?
#2 - I like the simplicity and sleekness of it although I'm not sure if I like the font you used for the track listing
#3 - I don't like the blurryness of the wood on the front cover and I don't really like the barcode/fearless records thing on the back cover. I LOVE THE FONT :D
#4 - I love how it all fits together but I don't think I really like that reddish-pinkish band on the front cover
#5 - I like it but the colours don't seem to flow from the front cover to the back... I think it's a little too simple

What happened to the competition? There's likeee 5 entries for this round xDDDD
queen
wowS epik high is pwn.
brooklyneast05
damn this is hard. i wanna go with number one because i needa be true to my kanye obsession. the second one is my favorite though.
datass
i love #2 and #4.

everything in #4 fits very nice, i love how you did the track names too.
#2, maybe a better font choice, and that white blur in the blue circle in the front cover is a bit too bright.

overall, #4 owns
hi-C
2 & 4! 2 & 4!
Melie
#2 and #3!
none345678
2,4 & 5 are awesome! I think I like number 4 just a little more than 2 and 5.
markmejia
#5 looks so clean. :D
Tomates
bahhh i completely forgot when round 2 was due sad.gif
Joanne
I really love the concepts of #2, 4, and 5. But I think if I went into a CD store and bought a CD based solely on its cover, I'd pick #4; the colours and effects are absolutely beautiful. A close second would be #2; I love the placement of everything, though I'm a little bit iffy about both the front and back being pretty much the same picture.

And I know this doesn't really matter, but #4 looks like an album (or at least Korean album) to me. I really can't picture #2 as a cover for a Jack's Mannequin album.

As for #1, 3, and 5... #1 is very boring to me; I think you can pull off so many crazy things with a Kanye album cover, and this one just didn't do it for me. For #3, it took me a very long time to figure out what the black thing was LOL. There is almost no contrast at all (except for that big white flash on the back cover), and it just looks really flat. #5 is super clean and smooth, but I think there could have been a liiittle bit more detail; right now it just looks like a bunch of ghosts to me haha. The shirts are cute though.

I have a feeling I know which ones are Mark's and Mike's. shifty.gif
Maccabee
Fave=2
Least Fave=3
tokyo-rose
#4 all the way, and I swear it's not just my love for Korean music talking.
schizo
I like #2 the best. :D
venti-anemoi
2 and 4 are my favorites, although I'd have to lean towards 4. At first glance, 2 made the biggest impression, but it seemed as if s/he skimped a little when s/he used the same vector (?) for the back as the front. I'm not saying that's illegal or something, but it seems like 4 put a lot more thought and effort into the design; it also seems like 4 was the only one that really made an effort to design the side flaps, although 1 did some as well.
Maccabee
QUOTE(xzkdxrawrx @ Mar 9 2009, 07:23 AM) *
#1 - It's kinda simple and I don't really like the glows... And what's the teddy doing there? xDDD I mean, it's cute but I don't get it?

lol. Its the kanye west bear!
Mikeplyts
2 and 4 are my faves.
salcha4u
2, 4, and 5 - wow VERY clean, professional. Impressive entries.
1angel3
2,4, and 5 is my favorites too. I pick 4 to win.
Firiath
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 10 2009, 06:40 AM) *
lol. Its the kanye west bear!

In my defence, I don't listen to Kanye xDDDDD
Mickey
Topic closed & unpinned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.