Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skin retouching
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
imperfectionistx
Haven't posted here in awhile whistling.gif
Just something I did as a practice. Victoria Beckham has gross skin.
I usually have a hard time with the area around the mouth for some reason. The jawline and under the left eye didn't turn out great, but meh. I got tired and bored lol. I just left it at that; maybe I'll revisit to touch up later.

markmejia
WHAT THE. o_o That is some nasty skin.

The retouch isn't bad, but it could definitely use so much more detail. I can see you tried to add some noise back into the smoothened skin, but it's too subtle and not very natural. Her cheek and forehead in the retouch look a lot more flat, so you could maybe try keeping most of those shadows in while keeping that skin disease off of her. I do like how the overall skin tone came out; she definitely looks a lot healthier, lol. I like how you brightened the skin.. but try not to brighten it too much.

Overall, nice and smooth. Not bad at all. :D
imperfectionistx
A reply from the god of retouching ohmy.gif lol
I do have trouble with that "flat" look. Ah, well I'll have to work on that. Idk if I really "tried" to add some noise back on the skin, I just sharpened here and there. I don't know the actual way to do that... I'm so unorthodox :P

You should post more of your work :D or you should retouch this picture too so I can learn from it pinch.gif
manny-the-dino
Omg I'm getting all itchy just looking at the before. But I agree with Mark on the noise thing. I think you improved the image significantly. Great job! flowers.gif
imperfectionistx
^Thank you (: I'll try and work on the noise part more my text time around.
karmakiller
Wow, that before is... uh... interesting. I think you did a great job. I agree about the shadows, though. It looks a little flat, but much better than the before.
imperfectionistx
^Thanks (: It is "interesting" lol. GROSS.
Maccabee
You lifted the cheek under her left eye. Was that intentional?
Amazing! biggrin.gif
imperfectionistx
^Oh, I didn't notice that lol. I guess it wasn't intentional :P Thanks!

@Mark
Oh, I never thought of that xD
Either way though, she has bad skin (in this picture atleast). It's hella oily/shiny and her complexion is wack. Plus you can see her pores & pimples. Ick. Makes you wonder what all celebs look like w/o makeup rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.