Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoodie Design Question
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
REBELnDISGUISE
I need to design something for my school's Advanced Choir hoodie and my choir teacher want's the design white and black.

Am I suppose to keep the background transparent so that the white will show up?
And if so, how or what is the correct way to do this?
manny-the-dino
I think if your teacher wants it white, you should just use white as your background color. But if you want to, you can make it transparent. To do that, make a new document (ctrl+n) & where it says "white" in a drop-down menu, change it to "transparent."
technicolour
HEY!

I did that design that you requested.

I still have the file.

Are y'all changing it or something?
smash
i would like to see what you come up with.
REBELnDISGUISE
Oh this isn't for chamber choir. Its for Advanced Choir. He wants the screen printing to be white on a purple hoodie but what background color do I use for it? Does that make sense?
technicolour
Ah. Okay.

Do what Nat said and make it transparent. That'll definitely make it a lot easier. If you use it an actual color, when it's screenprinted it'll just be a giant rectangle with the design on it on the hoodie if the colors don't match up exactly.

Do you still want/need that other design for your other choir?
REBELnDISGUISE
No I don't need the other one anymore. Thank you though. Now that the background is transparent, how do I save it to keep it transparent so that I can send it to the printing company?
none345678
Save it as png. I think that would work, I know nothing about making shirts.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Mar 9 2009, 10:33 PM) *
Save it as png. I think that would work, I know nothing about making shirts.

Yeah, that'll work. I think you can also save it as a .GIF but .PNG is much better to use. thumbsup.gif
fixtatik
if you have photoshop, take advantage. while you can save it as a .PNG or even .JPG, you'll get the best clarity from .PSD or .TIF with a transparent background. unless want a border around your design (even white on white will leave something), always save it with a transparent background. i know those online shirt printing companies are allowing you to upload .PSD and .TIF files now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.