Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moderator Performance
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
drinksmokefuck
so can i get MotM alumni
superstitious
I tell you what. If we ever have a "Member Who Repeatedly Asks For Name Changes And Then Asks For An Account To Be Removed So That He Can Avoid An Additional Name Change Only To Request The Post Count To Be Manually Added To The New Account" title, you'll be the first to be rewarded such a title. :P
drinksmokefuck
is it possible for that to be in effect now? _smile.gif
superstitious
Like I said, MOXIE. haha I'll let Dee and Michael (if he sees this) weight it. ;)
drinksmokefuck
Hmmm, this could go either way, I hope michael doesn't take offense to the fact that I always call him Nadal.
Simba
dee is an awesome admin for bringing the smack down pew pew pew
Tung
juna trying to holla at dee

better hide cuz reidar about to get chu
Simba
fasho
karmakiller
QUOTE(Tung @ Jul 6 2009, 12:09 AM) *
juna trying to holla at dee
Nah, I like my men of legal age.

Kevin, I can't make you MotM Alumni, but I could always move to the Banned group.
drinksmokefuck
DO IT, dare you to ban me
karmakiller
You'll just make another account. We already have enough in the "Duplicate" group.
drinksmokefuck
lol oh no, you never have enough, im beginning to bore of this username was well actually
kryogenix
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jul 6 2009, 02:36 AM) *
Nah, I like my men of legal age.

mipadi
QUOTE(drinksmokef*ck @ Jul 5 2009, 06:55 PM) *
Hmmm, this could go either way, I hope michael doesn't take offense to the fact that I always call him Nadal.

I can't take offense to the fact that you think I'm a great tennis player.
drinksmokefuck
BUT WHY!?!? why did you pull out and let Federer get his 15th???? albeit a very intense championship match
mipadi
QUOTE(drinksmokef*ck @ Jul 7 2009, 07:51 PM) *
BUT WHY!?!? why did you pull out and let Federer get his 15th???? albeit a very intense championship match

I was kinda in a hurry to get it over with, because some chick in the stands wanted to f*ck me.
drinksmokefuck
oh damn, really?

annie12
Natalia is certainly doing great and so is TJ as a new Design Staff member! Everyone else is doing pretty good too.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(annie12 @ Jul 8 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Natalia is certainly doing great and so is TJ as a new Design Staff member! Everyone else is doing pretty good too.

That says a lot considering you're a very new member but thanks! :)
sixfive

Cool story bro. You are in the wrong because I wasn't bashing anyone in the OP. If you wanted to get mad at people for flaming trolling member bashing you name it, you should have given out individual warnings. If you had been able read then you would have seen in the topic that it in no place bashed a createblog member. It was completely anonymous and aliased. Sound good fatsweetcheaks??

Also note that this is not against the TOS, as gorillas are not people (not counting the awesome band) and this can not be considered a personal attack. Thank you, back to culinary school, the taco bells around here have horrible burrito makers. I'd rather have a friendly and thin nurse to fill out my paperwork.

Oh and a legitimate complaint :] Diana (Hypnotique) acts immature and childish and posts inappropriate things from time to time. Her overly sexual behavior does not reflect well upon the moderating team and she has been noted to make pointless posts such as "Ugh." in a thread that clearly was created without malice and had potential for intellectual, albeit controversial, conversation.
karmakiller
QUOTE(serotonin @ Jul 23 2009, 12:40 AM) *
completely anonymous and aliased.

Just 'cause there's nothing else interesting going on around here... completely anonymous?

OH BTW BY SHE I MEAN NO ONE IN PARTICULAR ON THIS WEBSITE THIS AIMEE IS OBVIOUSLY AN ALIAS OKAY, AN ALIEN TOO
NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AGREETODISAGREE, THIS IS AN ALIAS
SOMETHING ELSE FROM THE ALIAS THAT GOES BY AIMEE

it even says her names in the screen cap PMs, haha.

Isn't Diana kind of giving you all a break by just closing the topic and not handing warnings out all around?
sixfive
If gorilla hadn't said she was going to flat out ignore me I'd have been civil with her.
hypnotique
QUOTE(serotonin @ Jul 23 2009, 12:53 AM) *
If gorilla hadn't said she was going to flat out ignore me I'd have been civil with her.

Oh has steven has run out of more interesting insults other then the color of my skin and weight?

Anyway, twig when i said id ignore it is because no matter what you say to defend yourself, you still will not win the argument as the topic itself turned into personal attacks and so on and so forth.

Even if you meant "good" and "innocent" you can blame the other posters in the thread for having your little topic closed and besides, you had your little fun for a while before i stepped in so I dont see why you should take so much offense laugh.gif

again you can take this to PM and this time the "gorilla" might read it and possibly respond _smile.gif
kryogenix
QUOTE(annie12 @ Jul 8 2009, 10:39 PM) *

I love how someone with 3 posts can make an endorsement like this
rnicron
and they all accept it like it means something.
superstitious
My self esteem is regulated by the amount of praise I get in Moderator Performance.
Simba
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jul 24 2009, 04:44 PM) *
My self esteem is regulated by the amount of praise I get in Moderator Performance.
WTF rebs i used to look up to you............. that's just low cry.gif
superstitious
I haven't been the same since Kevin gave me gonorrhea.
drinksmokefuck
I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have gone to Cancun....
synapse
Listen, Joseph, I told you when you did this back in June -- create a new topic when the month starts. If it was like 5 minutes before August, it wouldn't be a big deal, but you're over a day off. Besides that, [b]moderators should be starting the new topic[/b]. I let it slide before, but I'm closing this just so you don't make a habit of it.

Since when is this a rule? It's just that moderators are usually the ones that make it cause they're the ones that close the previous one.
superstitious
I'm trying so hard not to say what I want to say to you right now, Thomas, because I'm all for turning over new leaves. You just make it so damn difficult for me not to lose my patience. You're bringing up petty feedbacks, now here and formerly in the mod changes thread. Bah. I'm stopping now.

I'll say this - this is the second, maybe third time that Joseph has jumped the gun on a new monthly topic. I don't think that a mod starting the topic is that big of a deal, but the month hadn't even turned over yet. That's mostly what Michael is addressing.
sixfive
Michael is a racist!
mipadi
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Jul 31 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Since when is this a rule? It's just that moderators are usually the ones that make it cause they're the ones that close the previous one.

It's not a "rule", just an unwritten, long-standing policy. I remember way back in July or August of 2005, when James-Kryo was still a mod, I started a new screenshots topic like one minute past midnight on the first of a month, and James chastised me for starting a new topic because it was one of the mod's duties. It's just an old tradition -- mostly for the reason you stated, in fact. A new "cyclical" topic (screenshots thread, Members' Photos, etc.) shouldn't be started until an old one is closed, and only mods can close topics, and if a mod closes an old topic he might as well start the new one...

Also, it's a policy that doesn't matter. You gotta pick your battles, man. You should read Paul Graham's essay "What You Can't Say" and really take it to heart. I mean, I'm not gonna go around warning people for starting new desktop screenshots threads, but it's just a long-standing courtesy to let a mod clean all that up.
synapse
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jul 31 2009, 10:28 AM) *
I'll say this - this is the second, maybe third time that Joseph has jumped the gun on a new monthly topic. I don't think that a mod starting the topic is that big of a deal, but the month hadn't even turned over yet. That's mostly what Michael is addressing.
QUOTE(mipadi @ Jul 31 2009, 02:05 PM) *
It's not a "rule", just an unwritten, long-standing policy. I remember way back in July or August of 2005, when James-Kryo was still a mod, I started a new screenshots topic like one minute past midnight on the first of a month, and James chastised me for starting a new topic because it was one of the mod's duties. It's just an old tradition -- mostly for the reason you stated, in fact. A new "cyclical" topic (screenshots thread, Members' Photos, etc.) shouldn't be started until an old one is closed, and only mods can close topics, and if a mod closes an old topic he might as well start the new one...

I'm not saying that Michael's way out of line for closing the topic, I just didn't understand that "policy" of the only people that are allowed to create sequential topics are moderators. To me, it sounded like he was pretty much censoring Joseph, telling him that he's not allowed to post the new topic. And on a bigger scale, that members were losing posting privileges. I know for certain that I posted one or two new desktop threads, as well as Brandon, when neither of us had the privileges to close the previous one. It was only a question on how and why Michael said what he said.
Simba
^ lol

+s to rebs for straight up autobanning the brownsugar account
sixfive
hey who was brownsugar, mom?
superstitious
ph34r.gif

-Available in 6 flavors-
sixfive
tell me :(
Mikeplyts
It rhymes with Bu-let.
karmakiller
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Jul 31 2009, 05:28 PM) *
I'm not saying that Michael's way out of line for closing the topic, I just didn't understand that "policy" of the only people that are allowed to create sequential topics are moderators. To me, it sounded like he was pretty much censoring Joseph, telling him that he's not allowed to post the new topic. And on a bigger scale, that members were losing posting privileges. I know for certain that I posted one or two new desktop threads, as well as Brandon, when neither of us had the privileges to close the previous one. It was only a question on how and why Michael said what he said.
It's not August so an August thread doesn't need to be made, yet. Even if it was a topic that hasn't been made before, people would point out it is still July. It's not that big of a deal, there are no rules about it. Blame the calender, not the mods.

brownsugar, y'all must be getting bored.
Impressive
Out with the old. in with the new.
karmakiller
Good theory, but where's the "new"?
heyo-captain-jack
It's the internet, we can't have "new".
manny-the-dino
Tbh, I didn't really see it as a big deal nor was I aware of the fact that only moderators could make these threads which is why I let Joseph have his fun and keep his thread. It's not a huge deal. There are more important thing we should be concerned about. shrug.gif But I can understand the frustration.
heyyfrankie
i noticed how few moderators there are. i like that.

god when i was Head Staff there was only 2 heads, 2 admins and i wanna say like freakin' 14 to 17 forum moderators!! pinch.gif
Mickey
I remember when a couple or so people would be hired for each of the support forums.
Mikeplyts
I just wanna say, Mike is doing a hell of a job on Head Staff. clap.gif
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 3 2009, 09:04 PM) *
I remember when a couple or so people would be hired for each of the support forums.

hah YES!!
Simba
QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 7 2009, 07:13 PM) *
Hey guys, I dunno if you know about this new feature on CB. Actually, it's not a new feature. It's a really old feature. It's called "Private Messaging", and it lets you send a private message to a specific person, instead of having to put your whiny bullshit in a thread prefixed with the "@" symbol. Now quit being a bunch of emo attention whores and use private messaging.

i approve thumbsup.gif
illriginal
Hey mods... what are you going to do about this:

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...t&p=3231184

Seriously, douche of you Islam Hindu. Why don't you go back to Iran and try and explode yourself in attempt to kill Israelis which won't even work cause we are superior. Then you can go to heaven where you will be surrounded by 77 beautiful women. O wait... I forgot, you'll actually go straight to hell. And in hell it is to hot to use computers so you'll just be raped for the rest of eternity.

If I get warned for this I would consider it a privilege.

Then this is the best that a mod does, on the spot:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...t&p=3231187

No need to provoke him Joseph.

Yet this is the same mod that's quick to warn me if I call someone stupid

So what are we doing here? _dry.gif

And seriously, can you guys tell this girl that the wanna be JP look really doesn't fit her:

I can't even tell if this is a joke or if she's really that retarded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.