Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: overpopulated earth.
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
datass
alright. so another friend asked me to help her design something for a tshirt. overpopulation. i fixed this up in about 1.5 hours.

this is about what it looks like:

my friend wanted that saying.

or:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5751/over...tionoverpop.png
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8845/over...ionpersonal.png
Insurmountable
Add some girls up there o_O

Its cute though :D
Tomates
i really like it. Its cute and sends the message well.
LaRachel
I like it, but I think you can come up with a more clever saying.
Maccabee
It should say, Im a little cramped. haha. And ya add some girls. Maybe some babies too. haha. I lvoe it though!
Tomates
i like the quote it has now. Its simple and nice
none345678
I'd buy it. :D
emberfly
^ I would too. I'm very concerned that we're not even recognizing overpopulation as a major conflict... in America atleast.
1angel3
I like it, I would wear it too. Agree on adding some girls and maybe animals.
creole
LOL, i just love the earth's face.
i wish the whole earth was filled with only guys. eyebrowes.gif
Insurmountable
^Yea I thought the face was so cute! But we can't have a earth filled of guys, then we wouldn't be there to enjoy them!
emberfly
I think if you put it on a T-shirt, you should make the colors way more vibrant and saturated so that they stand out.... I'd assume it would go on a white T-shirt?
Maccabee
QUOTE(emberfly @ Mar 5 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I think if you put it on a T-shirt, you should make the colors way more vibrant and saturated so that they stand out.... I'd assume it would go on a white T-shirt?

I disagree. Its perfect.
I think you should like, make a duplicate of the text in the bubble and move it down and to the right and bring down the transparency. Kinda like a solid drop shadow.
Harp
^Doesn't sound like too good of an idea.
Insurmountable
QUOTE(emberfly @ Mar 5 2009, 10:15 PM) *

Ewh no, I hate it when people slap colors like that on a tshirt.

Seriously though its good the way it is. You can't add shadows and such to a t-shirt typically you need 3-4 colors and they have to be flat colors.
Maccabee
I dont think you get what im saying...Ill look for an example.
Edit:Like this
click to enlarge

Where the text has like a 3d effect. Very minimal but i think it would make it look better. But it already looks perfect. this should just be closed.lol
xoxo_proud
It's cute. Yeah a more clever saying would work but everyone expects witty sayings on t-shirts and it's funny that the quote is so to the point. Makes it stand out more.
Tramatize
Make it say something like "A little personal space?" or something better than what you have.
none345678
QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 5 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Edit:Like this
Where the text has like a 3d effect. Very minimal but i think it would make it look better. But it already looks perfect. this should just be closed.lol

Why would this need to be closed? Having all those people on there already gives it a certain kind of complexity and busyness, for a minimalistic carton, adding more in the end would just take away from the design. She could try it and see how it looks, but imo I wouldn't add anything. A better saying could be put there though, but the one on there looks ok too.
manny-the-dino
Its so cute! I love it. I agree that adding some females in there would be good. I like the catch phrase but a wittier one would be better. Good job. :)

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 5 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Edit:Like thishttp://www.ottavalta.net/roundone/Natalia.png

LOL I was like wtf is my logo doing in here?

And this shouldn't be closed, Joseph. She made a thread so she could get some c&c. If she wants it closed, she can let me know, & I will. Although I don't see the point in doing so.
dosomethin888
Very cute. But stupid concept.

I love his tiny little arms
datass
no drop shadow
maybe a change in the quotes.
added girls :D
manny-the-dino
Yay for edits!

I like the third one. :)
Tramatize
I like all of them. =D
I think i got used to the saying, but thanks for using the one i suggested =D
Mikeplyts
Awesome job. I like the third one the most. thumbsup.gif _smile.gif
emberfly
The "A little personal space?" Is definitely my favorite.
Insurmountable
Idk The little personal space one looks to long and its smaller text too..

I like the original one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.