Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMFG CHESS ESSAY HELP
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
creole
i have to do a 3 page chess essay on a chess game. it has to involve the queen and checkmate, any suggestions or starters? pleaseee.
shanaynay
you could probably write a page on just setting up the board... what class is this for?
It sounds like a horrible waste of paper and time.
creole
language arts advance.
he grades essay really hard.
Insurmountable
That's a really strange topic for a 3 page essay.

Sorry I really don't know how to help, I'm bad enough at writing papers where I write about anything.
creole
I'm glad my teacher lets us double space.
1angel3
QUOTE(Beenly @ Mar 3 2009, 05:58 PM) *
I'm glad my teacher lets us double space.

Thank god for double space. Like someone talk about how to set up the board, then how to play and the rules and tips. Ways to improve your game playing skills. Of course the checkmate, stalement, check. Stuff like that.
creole
You guys aren't really understanding my essay topic, so sorry.
I mean, I'm suppose to make a pretend chess game and win with the requirements.
creole
Well you guys, i've finished the three page essay now. i started like an hour ago, so here it is. i had to type really fast, because my dad was yelling at me

The Queen’s Story
The board was almost empty. The ranks and files seem to be like graveyards. She and her husband were only there. She cried constantly, over and over again. All of her men and friends were gone from the battle. The black team killed them. She wanted pure revenge. How would she be able to acquire such victory? She knows nothing between the battles of the board, and all she can really do is protect the king. There was only two pawns to her side, but she thought they would not proceed. The black king is by himself. The problem was, how would the white team checkmate?
The game was mind blowing. One can feel insanity crawling through their nerve system, seeing your comrades die right in front of you, and all you can really do is just watch at their demise. The pain was too much to suffer. Even if the opponent lost their pieces, the pain doesn’t feel compromised. The black team lost their queen, which is an advantage, and the black team did lose their valuable pieces and pawns, but somehow this madness was too driven into the queen’s cranium. She had survived many threats, forks, pins, en passant, and all of that good stuff, but how would she be able to solve all of her problems? This was up to the queen to make her choice. She had to either step up to the black king and protects the progressing pawns to promote them. However, she was afraid of death too.
The black king chuckled. He made a taunting death rattle to the white queen, trying to increase her fear. How was the queen being able to endeavor such a grueling evil tyrannical type of loser? She tried to put that thought to the side, but he kept going to her mind. Nothing would stop him from preventing the queen to move. However, if the queen did not move in two minutes, the white side would forfeit. She did not want her team to suffer from her mistakes. So she was going to have a quick meltdown. The choices were to either fight or flight. If she could fight, maybe should win. If you flight away from the whole match then she would lose the risk of the pride for her team, and the dead souls not avenged from her teammates. So, what was the choice going to be?
The queen began to be furious. The pawns couldn’t handle the pressure anymore. One pawn went straight to the other side of the board. The black king, moving one space at time tries to take the invading white pawn. The queen, now knowing she has to protect her friend, she moves to the side of the pawn, indicating to tell the black king to step off. The black king hissed, and moved away from being checked. The white pawn continues to proceed to the base of the black pawn, slowing making to the destination. Only two squares ahead. The black king was getting anxious. Was this his future?
After two moves, the white pawn finally stepped to black’s base. A sudden glow began to surround the square the pawn stepped on. The pawn’s body began to slowly fade with the lighting of the square. Was he about to die? A new figure arrived. This figure seems to be feminine, with a dress, and equipped with a sword. The guy pawn was finally a queen. This would mean victory. Two queens on the board can result in checkmate if used properly, but the first queen was still scared. Nonetheless, other pawn continued to move in the same movement to reach the final base. All the black king could do was stare at his soon to be fate. Now, the second pawn was promoted to a third queen, having a feminine fatality to the black king. Nothing is better than girl power with teamwork. Maybe the first queen still had a chance to checkmate. The time has come to make a checkmate.
The black king began to progress to the base of the white king, trying to avoid the situation. Having free space of the board, the queens began to swiftly move across the board, without tripping their dress. The black king ran to a dead corner at H1. The third queen moved to H8 for check. The second queen moved to G8 for another check. The original and beautiful queen modestly went to A8 for a checkmate. The queens have stopped the king from moving. The black king was in the checkmate. The game was over. The queens all cheered with their survivor king, and they began to have a celebration. They know to rebuild the team, they would have to start a new journey. With three queens on the board for every beginning game, they would somehow always succeed.
xoxo_proud
I was skimming it and noticed that you change tenses a lot. (from present to past and back)
1angel3
QUOTE(Beenly @ Mar 3 2009, 06:22 PM) *
You guys aren't really understanding my essay topic, so sorry.
I mean, I'm suppose to make a pretend chess game and win with the requirements.

Oh sorry, you wasn't very clear on what you meant. Good paper, it's better than what I can come up with because it would be hard to write a paper about playing a game and how I won with breaking a rule.
creole
Thanks, the essay was part of a project, and my grade for the project was A+!
shoryuken
^ DAM.. loool.gif loool.gif U KILLA u... haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.