Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEXT EFFECT & OTHER EFFECT HELP
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
deteam
I know you guys really aren't into that whole hip hop mixtapes . . but i figure since u guys are all really good graphically . . if any of you knew how to do this mixtape text effect that ive been seeing this one guy use . . Also if u notice how the people on the cover look like they are airbrushed . . does anyone know how 2 do that ?

Thanks for the help

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
creole
They probably used a gradient overlay on the text.
For the text stroke, it looks like they used a black and white gradient.
The sparkles on the text seems to be a brush.
Nadiyya
The airbrushed people are done with a few layers of the same image. The first layer is the original. After that, you can add another layout with a Gaussian blur and a lower opacity. Add a few more layers with the same settings. Next, use the original, but give it an overlay setting. Add another layer with dust & scratches filter, and give that a lower opacity.

I'd suggest playing with contrast and colouring on a final layer, too (with about 50% opacity), so you can get the vibrant colours they have in your example.
markmejia
Hm, the guys on the cover might be digitally painted.
deteam
QUOTE(Nadiyya @ Mar 3 2009, 02:13 AM) *
The airbrushed people are done with a few layers of the same image. The first layer is the original. After that, you can add another layout with a Gaussian blur and a lower opacity. Add a few more layers with the same settings. Next, use the original, but give it an overlay setting. Add another layer with dust & scratches filter, and give that a lower opacity.

I'd suggest playing with contrast and colouring on a final layer, too (with about 50% opacity), so you can get the vibrant colours they have in your example.

im gunna try this cause it sounds promising . . . do u know if theres nay tutorials on this type of stuff?

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
none345678
QUOTE(Markster @ Mar 3 2009, 03:24 AM) *
Hm, the guys on the cover might be digitally painted.

This is what I thought too. Nadiya's idea will give you a similar effect though.
deteam
nice thanks guys . . .

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
manny-the-dino
So topic closed? shrug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.