Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Stylist Standing!, Round 3
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
hi-C
As always starting with then top three:

Jenny - We all raved about your outfit, two of us saying that you were giving us life. Your outfit was very basic, but the accessories you picked were top notch.

Maxine - Although simple, this outfit is very sleek and very streetstyle. Very creative use of denim with picking jean accessories instead of jean pants, skirt, or a jacket. The choice of a black vest to go with the blue shoes kind of threw us off, however. A denim vest in any other shade of blue -- not making it too matchy matchy -- would've been much better.

Elizabete - Props for doing a men's outfit. We really liked the elements you chose. One of the judges said he could see himself wearing this one.

And the bottom two:

Arjuna - We think you went a little too far with the accessories. Those shoes are really unfortunate and blazers with denim is one of those trends that one of us have never really understood. One of the judges said you flat out bombed.

Alex - While one judge loved about this outfit, the others think that you took it a little far. A fun outfit is okay, they said, but not when it turns the wearer into a walking rainbow.

So who stays? Who goes?

You've been a fantastic participant, but sorry, Arjuna, you've been cut. Alex, you are safe.

Thomas (divergent)
Arjuna (ArjunaCapulong)
Maxine (Comptine)
Sonja (stormbringer)
Lea (angelrevelation)
Alex (coconutter)
carolannexbh (Carolanne)
Mel (towntown2)
Elizabete (temptedeli)
Jenny (Jennypie)

Victoria (Tori-Ann)

Theme Announcement
The theme for this round is streetstyle. It's kind of hard to define, but it definitely has an urban edge and can verge on going out there. The trick for you is to keep it crazy but still stylish. For reference and inspiration, check out The Sartorialist, Jak & Jil, and The Facehunter and browse through the looks at Chictopia and Lookbook. If you need a refresher on the rules, check out this thread. All submissions must be PM'ed to me by March 9th.

Good luck!

Submissions
Maxine (Comptine)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=7106498

Lea (angelrevelation)

http://www.polyvore.com/streetstyle_for_cb.../set?id=7050366

I was inspired by one of my favorite collections ever, Balenciaga's 2007 Fall RTW. They mixed schoolboy blazers with ethnic elements - this was the beginning of the big scarf comeback, I think. A bit of neon accent was added too. I think streetstyle often involves a bold piece, which are the shoes.

Alex (coconutter)

http://www.polyvore.com/lss3/set?id=7112575

This time I tried to get rid of colours. Most of the street-clothing websites I browsed seemed to really like greys and blacks. My inspiration came from this picture. Although I tried to add in a different purse because the one in the picture seemed a bit too boho for the sleek style I was going for.

Elizabete (temptedeli)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=7052611

Jenny (Jennypie)

http://www.polyvore.com/streetstyle/set?id=7094068

On Streetstyle: This theme was definitely a challenge for me. I love browsing streetstyle sites, but the genuine originality that these individuals possess has never been something that I've been accustomed to in my personal style. Upon closer observation on how these people dressed, I found that it all came down to details in simple things. Details, details, details... and then a pièce de résistance that provides a major shock function. For my outfit, the details are seen everywhere. Gold buttons adorning a simple grey cardigan. Intricate pleats in an otherwise mundane skirt. A black jacket structured to perfection. Big, bold jewelry and a unique handbag. However, the attention is clearly drawn to the orange satin shoes. Beautiful, attention-drawing and not easily duplicated, the shoes pull the outfit together in a way that truly puts the wearer in a category distinguished from the everyday dresser.

Thomas (divergent) and Mel (towntown2) have dropped out sad.gif
brooklyneast05
damn this new theme is probably the round arjuna woulda rocked best sad.gif
misoshiru
it's http://jakandjil.com/blog/
Simba
aiiigght! I know this wouldn't have saved me, but that wasn't a denim blazer
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 27 2009, 01:38 PM) *
damn this new theme is probably the round arjuna woulda rocked best sad.gif
Aww dayumm, I actually had a bunch if clipped items saved for a street theme. oh well there's always next time
towntown2
Hmm..this street theme is going to be tricky for me.
hi-C
QUOTE(divergent @ Feb 27 2009, 02:53 PM) *
That was fast. I can't believe we went from 10+ to 4 in a matter of two rounds. I'll have to research this theme some. I have no clue what it is yet.
There are seven people left...

QUOTE(misoshiru @ Feb 27 2009, 03:37 PM) *
Thanks!

QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Feb 27 2009, 04:03 PM) *
aiiigght! I know this wouldn't have saved me, but that wasn't a denim blazer
I know, I meant jeans worn with blazers.
Simba

Y U DO DIS 2 ME YEEZY???
oh yay, mine is in the top three! _smile.gif
Streetstyle... will be tricky though.
superstitious
I actually thought Arjuna's was less busy than Alex's. haha To each their own. :)
angelrevelation
I guess being in the middleish is okay too lol laugh.gif These themes are hard...
hi-C
Entries are up! Check them owtt!
coconutter
my link didn't show up in the summary :(
hi-C
^ Oh snap, that's right. I'll edit that in right now.
DoubleJ
Really guys? Some of you may want to go with the idea that LESS IS MORE!
hi-C
Okayyyyy... I've definitely been slacking on this. Results will be up by tomorrow.
Rachel
Yo honestly, I don't really think any of these speak STREET STYLE to me. The only one I actually really like and could see wearing is Jenny's.
sixfive
QUOTE(Rachel @ Mar 20 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Yo honestly, I don't really think any of these speak STREET STYLE to me. The only one I actually really like and could see wearing is Jenny's.

Idk, I liked Elizabete's more than anyone else, well parts. jacket + pants is all that's needed tbh.
coconutter
QUOTE(hi-C @ Mar 20 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Okayyyyy... I've definitely been slacking on this. Results will be up by tomorrow.

LIES
hi-C
^ LOL! I know. Okay, seriously this time. SOON. I promise. I've had the results for a while, I've been too PMS-y to post them though (when I get PMS, I don't do much of anything).
hi-C
New round up! Check it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.