Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what class do you dread
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
brooklyneast05
what class do you constantly dread?

i never stop dreading italian becuase i f*cking suck at it. also we have homework every single class, so it's just like a never ending work load. i'm really hoping i won't fail because if i have to take this again i don't even know what i'll do with myself.

Tomates
Chemistry, i'm not fond of my teacher at all.
misoshiru
ciao, come stai?
brooklyneast05
sono male, non bene mad.gif
shanaynay
math... it's such a waste of time to me. We're learning stuff we'll never use (seriously, someone give me a valid use of the quadratic equation) and english because the people in the class are idiots. The teacher has no control.
Tomates
je ne parle pas itallienne. Je suis parle francais biggrin.gif

not to well though
brooklyneast05
i took french in high school. i sucked at that too. stubborn.gif languages are not for me i don't think.
Tomates
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Feb 24 2009, 09:12 PM) *
i took french in high school. i sucked at that too. stubborn.gif languages are not for me i don't think.

yeah i'm not the greatest at it either. My main issue is with the verbs and the conjugating. Luckily i just need 2 years of a language so i'm out of it next year.
karmakiller
Math. I hate it. I hate how my teacher makes a test that has 5 problems but each are worth 10 points, so if you mess up on a step you lose 10 points.
smash
i dread any class that involves me waking up before 10 am. if i have to be specific, i'd say english. i don't like writing papers.
Comptine
QUOTE(Tomates @ Feb 24 2009, 09:11 PM) *
je ne parle pas itallienne. Je suis parle francais biggrin.gif

not to well though

You don't need the 'suis'.

My 3 hour weekly Creative Writing seminar. Cause it goes sooo slow and it's just awkward sharing our work.
Amaranthus
QUOTE(Tomates @ Feb 24 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Chemistry, i'm not fond of my teacher at all.

OMG Same.
I've never hated any class as much as this.
Tomates
QUOTE(Comptine @ Feb 24 2009, 09:29 PM) *
You don't need the 'suis'.

See what i mean i suck at it sad.gif

QUOTE(Hedonism @ Feb 24 2009, 09:31 PM) *
OMG Same.
I've never hated any class as much as this.

for my 9th, 10th, and now 11th grade science years i've hated them. My sophmore year teacher wasnt bad but i still sucked in that class.
Though what i find kinda funny is ive been taking ACT practice tests and i've been scoring the best in the science category mellow.gif
heyo-captain-jack
I dislike art class. It's the teacher though, I like the subject.
illriginal
Trigonometry was my worst course ever. But I passed with a low B.
Joanne
Organizational Behaviour. It's easy and all, but the classes are just so pointless. I leave halfway through every time now. Should stop doing that.
Ekay
zero period calculus. every day, i wake up everyday to go to that class at 7am. most useless class of my life.
Gigi
Thanks for making this topic because I was just thinking about this the other day. HANDS DOWN it's definitely English.

It doesn't matter how great of a teacher I have, or what kind of wonderful interesting novel we're reading...I just DREAD going to it. It's a pain to have to drag myself to that class. In fact, in 11th grade I had my favourite teacher of all time teach English, and I STILL wanted to skip every class. She was lovely and wonderful but ugh. UGH. I think I must have skipped 10 English classes a year, easily.

Second was Bio. I skipped that class a lot.

I don't mind going to boring/useless classes because they require zero work and I just have to sit there.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'd say I used to look forward to any kind of math class or band.
BOSS
all of em
Gigi
QUOTE(shanaynay @ Feb 24 2009, 06:05 PM) *
math... it's such a waste of time to me. We're learning stuff we'll never use (seriously, someone give me a valid use of the quadratic equation) and english because the people in the class are idiots. The teacher has no control.

lol if you ever want to go to university and you're not an arts student, yeah you're going to be using the quadratic formula. And seriously, it's not even that hard.

Math has so many more everyday applications that people don't know about. Plus it trains you to think logically and in a structured manner that's applicable to higher-level concepts you'll eventually have to learn.

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 24 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Math. I hate it. I hate how my teacher makes a test that has 5 problems but each are worth 10 points, so if you mess up on a step you lose 10 points.

No part marks? What a bitch.
Tramatize
Language, its so boring and we do so much pointless stuff.
And math because we have homework everyday, and it seems to be the only class that takes me 3 days to catch up on when i'm absent because i have to do the day befores homework, that days homework and all of the other classes make up homework.
creole
LANGUAGE ARTS ADVANCE.
OMG I'M SURROUNDED BY GIFTED/NERDS IN THAT CLASS.
i can't even speak up, or else the teacher will critique what i say,
and it gets annoying.
datass
economics and chinese. i hate econ because the teacher is a f*g. and chinese because all we do is just read.
Joanne
^ Oh yeah, Chinese school. I've dropped out now and I kind of regret it because I've forgotten all my Chinese, but man, that was one boring ass class.
libertie
Normally, it would be some BS gen-ed class, but since I have all of those out of the way, my current one would be Educational Psychology. The guy who teaches it is nice enough, but most of the people in the class are early elementary ed majors, and I sit in the back of the class with two other music ed majors. Discussion does not get geared in our direction.. ever. Course content does not apply to us, either, pretty much ever. It's 11:00 in the morning after I've already managed to get through two classes, and I still have trouble staying awake in this one.
CrotchetTheLeper
AMERICAN HISTORY.
Ugh. I hate my teacher... Mother Blatt.
She makes us call her "Mother." She needs to see a doctor.
shanaynay
QUOTE(Gigi @ Feb 25 2009, 03:09 AM) *
you to think logically and in a structured manner that's applicable to higher-level concepts you'll eventually have to learn.

I have to do enough of that in programming. I've always been good at it, I just hate the amount of work the teacher drops on us. I don't understand how finding where a parabola crosses the X axis is useful.
Gigi
If it's any consolation, if there was no math, there would be no programming. Or anything that we presently know, for that matter.

And if you were good at it, you would be good at math. Which I presume you are not.

Show some respect, yo.

/promathrant
shanaynay
no I AM good at math, I just hate the teacher, and the excess of work.
Blyat
I suck at french class too!
bacically what Tomates said (we both fail it together <3)

Chemistry is tough too, esp with a shitty teacher
me: im confused about this, i need help ;A;
Teacher: dont be confused -leaves-

iDecay
Chemistry. D: My teacher is a bitch and she can't teach. I'd rather learn it all myself.
imperfectionistx
Hated all math courses I ever took, chem, and bio.
Dropped out of AP calc wacko.gif ... and I wish I didn't take Japanese this year ;A;
Blyat
QUOTE(iDecay @ Feb 25 2009, 05:47 PM) *
Chemistry. D: My teacher is a bitch and she can't teach. I'd rather learn it all myself.

lol that's what i have been doing my chem teacher is also a bitch
Harp
gym. lol.
Just_Dream
Organic Chemistry. I really am bad at choosing professors, and that makes the ochem horror stories true. sad.gif AUGH.
misoshiru
trantran, u diene?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.