Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just opened my site!
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
emilyyanne
Sorry, i didnt know where to post this. lol, you can tell im new to this.
anywho, i just got my site done today so check it out & give feedback on the layout.
thanks!<3

http://emily.sugar-kiss.org
none345678
You posted in the right place.

I do kinda like the simplicity of it, but the banner seems low quality to me and plain. Try adding more, but not too much. Just enough so there doesn't seem to be so much white.
emilyyanne
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Feb 24 2009, 08:31 PM) *
You posted in the right place.

I do kinda like the simplicity of it, but the banner seems low quality to me and plain. Try adding more, but not too much. Just enough so there doesn't seem to be so much white.

hmm. its werid its not working right now theres a different background color and everything. its messed up right now. but thanks for the advice! (:

QUOTE(Christy @ Feb 24 2009, 08:31 PM) *
the image quality could be a LOT better.
there's lots of hi-qual images out there
sweetandtalented.org

you can see how fuzzy? or blurry the image is. :p

the site is very neat, but it's something that's seen everywhere...

thanks, yeah i know. i think im going to change the image tomorrow. but thanks for the advice! & the image is acually from a member here, but dont worry i credited them & everything. (:
manny-the-dino
Basically what everyone else said. The image is low in quality & not much was done to it. I love that photo shoot & I feel like you could do more with it. But it's not that bad for this being your first layout. Congrats on the opening of your site. flowers.gif
salcha4u
Hm, maybe a nice pattern in the bg. Prob should have more color theme- perhaps rollovers or some new colors in the link.
emilyyanne
QUOTE(divergent @ Feb 24 2009, 09:55 PM) *
I agree with what Christy and Abbey said about the banner quality, it's very saturated, I'm not sure if you were trying to create a faux-ambiance to the graphic for your page, of if you wanted everything to blend thoroughly.. The overall page reminds me strikingly as a one column journal-type layout. Not a whole lot you can do there, what about adding a textured background, rather than having a plain color?

P.S. You can use the [+] at the bottom right of each post to enable the multiquote option, after you have selected which posts you want to quote, instead of using the "Fast Reply", use the "Add Reply" to make a new post.

thanks for the advice, the thing is idk how to make a background besides a color on my page.
Mikeplyts
I pretty much agree with eveyone else. The banner is low quality and it's a pretty common layout. Also, maybe you could try adding rollovers and maybe a texture or some brushes to the banner. It's also a bit plain but I like the simplicity of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.