Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edgar Allan Poe
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
schizo
I was looking at my Nevermore div the other day and got inspired to make more based off quotes from famous poems, books, etc. Even though I look back at the layout and see a million little imperfections that drive me nuts, I got such a great response from the artsy-fartsy bookworm crowd that I thought I'd try again.

Previeww. :D
click to enlarge

I ended up using an Edgar Allan Poe quote again. I'm not really sure what I think about this layout yet, so I'm asking you guys. Any feedback is appreciated.
schizo
^The text is one of the things that bothers me, too. I tried it aligned left, right, center, and justified, and none of them were really doing it for me. It was either right or center, and I went with center.

And TJ, I tried blurring/fading the edges of the content area, but it looked a little off. I think it's because the moon has a straight edge and that threw it off balance...I don't know.

Thanks for your feedback, guys. :)
deteam
really like this mad creative . . . good job

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
markmejia
Nice, I like. :] I like the content area font too.

Haha, I came into this topic expecting a Teletubby to show up.
schizo
Well, damn. I forgot about all those other Poes...
Mikeplyts
Well I had already left a comment on it but again, I'm not really feeling the rollovers because they're a bit unoticable and I also don't like where you put the content area. Maybe if you made the content area go under the moons and give a header, it might look a bit better. Also, make the text like white-ish. I don't know, that's just my opinion because I think the image (which is awesome) would fit well as a banner. thumbsup.gif _smile.gif
Eww
Ah I love everything about it :D
^I think the roll-overs are fine. If it were more noticeable I don't think I would like it.

I love the image and I'm really feeling the mood for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.