Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Analysis
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
Mikeplyts
I recently made a graphic and figured I'd get some c&c on it. I think the only thing I don't like about it is the text. sad.gif Anyways, tell me what you think.

UPDATE:

UPDATE #2:

UPDATE #3:

UPDATE #4:

technicolour
blink.gif

Dude, that's 9000 brushes too many.
schizo
Yeah, I was going to say it reminds me of the preview images on the brush sites I used to go to when I first started. If you lessened the number of brushes and maybe added color and shadow/glow to make it more realistic, it might be better.
superstitious
I like the techie thing you're trying to do, you've just overdone it with such varying brush styles. I'd stick to one or two styles, maybe three if it's subtle and stick with the change of opacity and shades of gray/black/white. Maybe even toss in a little red.
Mikeplyts
Ok, I updated. I tried to not use to many brushes. _smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback. :)
heyo-captain-jack
I like it, but I'm not feeling the font. The first font you used might look good.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 23 2009, 09:01 PM) *
I like it, but I'm not feeling the font. The first font you used might look good.

Ok, updated. I think you were right. _smile.gif
superstitious
Second update is much better. :)
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(superstitious @ Feb 23 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Second update is much better. :)

Thanks. biggrin.gif
none345678
Nice updates. I am not going to lie the first was really bad, but the 2 after are pretty good. happy.gif
Mikeplyts
^haha, thanks. _smile.gif
technicolour
Noootttt bad!

The font still seems a little out of place though. Under the middle line that goes like O-----o, delete the little cubes under neath and space your font out under there. Adjust the kerning to make large spaces between each character and then I'd think it'd look awesome.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(technicolour @ Feb 23 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Noootttt bad!

The font still seems a little out of place though. Under the middle line that goes like O-----o, delete the little cubes under neath and space your font out under there. Adjust the kerning to make large spaces between each character and then I'd think it'd look awesome.

Thanks. biggrin.gif I'm currently working on it. :)
Mikeplyts
Total double post. :P

Anyways, I tried to do what you said but I'm not sure if it worked out right, I think. What do you think?
none345678
looks better to me. Maybe move the words left a little more. It bugs me how the s is touching the line. =P
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Feb 23 2009, 10:02 PM) *
looks better to me. Maybe move the words left a little more. It bugs me how the s is touching the line. =P

grr..I didn't even notice that. stubborn.gif Hold on.
markmejia
Update #3 does look more pleasing to the eye than the first one. But it still looks like pure brushwork. :\
Mikeplyts
Ok, I moved the text a little to the left.

In response to Mark's post,
most of it is brushes but I made the tiles and the lines in the background and the little spheres/squares.
schizo
Woah, definate improvement. I still think it could use a little color somewhere...maybe that's just me.

Just curious, what's the difference between #3 and #4?
Tomates
if i were you i would possibly try adding a red orb and have it set on lighten or screen
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(schizo @ Feb 23 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Just curious, what's the difference between #3 and #4?

He moved the text to the left.

I think you got a lot better as you edited them. Your first version just had too many brushes in them. I think I like #3 the best.
technicolour
Why is everyone going to the left?

I think if it was spaced up to the little square on the right, with the font made a wee bit smaller, maybe in all Caps and with a smaller shadow it'd be purty schnazzy.
Maccabee
hmmm...It just looks like you found a million brushes and then added some text and to top it all off. gave the text a drop shadow. If you give text or anything a drop shadow, center it directly under. Drop shadows like the one you have is very 90's/2002.
salcha4u
Wow, big improvement from your first one. Though, I don't think you had that many brushes...just that they shouldn't overlap too much. Don't really prefer the circles with the drop shadow, or the circles at all. Anyway, you should look into new fonts too. Some of these would would fit your graphic better- http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=303&am...&classt=pop

This one seems cool: http://www.dafont.com/hybrid.font?nb_ppp=50
Then you can take out your other dots.

Anyway, not bad. Is your bg one brush, lots of brushes, or entirely designed by you?
Mikeplyts
Thanks for the feedback. biggrin.gif

Well, the background is some brushes but a lot of the lines and the spheres/squares/tiles were made by me.
deteam
good stuff i like how it looks updated now . .

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
jiyong
the last few definitely improved from the first one (: honestly, the font still sticks out a little much for me, i'd use a lighter version of the font you're using so that it fits in a little more with the image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.