Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cB Design Competition - Round 1 Submissions
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
cbdesigncompetition
Please, write your comments for each submission, it'll decide the People's Choice, and it will help us weigh our final decision if there is a tie.

By order of submission:

Melie

Mystiicdesigns

Highwayto4355

Schizo

JosephCohen123

Tomates

Mikeplyts

elletricity

Manny-The-Dino

Mike

anime-essence
Maccabee
Manny the dino FTW!
I like Mike's too! The bottom part is better!
and of course ill say i like mine:)
But Natalie clap.gif
What is that font?
O but my only prob with it is that under the usability factor its sorta low cause it couldnt be put onto a web page or something.
Tomates
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Manny the dino FTW!
I like Mike's too! The bottom part is better!
and of course ill say i like mine:)
But Natalie clap.gif
What is that font?
O but my only prob with it is that under the usability factor its sorta low cause it couldnt be put onto a web page or something.

the font from mine? Kravitz Thermal
Maccabee
^huh? Natalie?
*checks your profile*
O! Your name is natalie too!
haha, no i meant manny the dino.
Harp
I like the concept of Melie's, but I don't really like the bubbles.
Don't like Mystiicdesigns at all, tbh.
Highwayto4355's is cute, I like it.
I love Schizo's, the simplicity is nice.
JosephCohen123's is a little sloppy. Not feelin it.
Tomates' is adorable.
Mikeplyts uses that same brush for EVERYTHING. Don't like it.
I love elletricity's too.
Manny-The-Dino's is cute, but I don't like the text too much.
I like Mike's.
anime-essence's is nice, but a little simple. Don't get me wrong, simple is good, but not this simple.

Tomates
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:06 AM) *
^huh? Natalie?
*checks your profile*
O! Your name is natalie too!
haha, no i meant manny the dino.

her name is Natalia, not Natalie
Tung
all ugree. i could've wrote CREATEBLOG on my dick, and take a picture of it and won. yall lucky i didn't enter.
Joanne
My favourite is Mike's. It's relatively simple, and I really love the little cb icon in the bottom right. I'm not too sure about the font choice, though.

I really like Schizo's too, but I think it's a little too simple.
Simba
My favorites are Schizo's and Mike's (just Mike) except the g doesn't really look like a g.

Gabby, I'm really curious what font you used. I <3 sans serif fonts
cbdesigncompetition
QUOTE(Tung @ Feb 22 2009, 12:11 AM) *
all ugree. i could've wrote CREATEBLOG on my dick, and take a picture of it and won. yall lucky i didn't enter.

1) We wouldn't be able to see CREATEBLOG cleary cause it'd be written so tiny. or 2) you wouldn't be able to fit past CRE. aniwink.gif
Maccabee
I believe gabby's font is what the current logo is. Sans.
Harp
QUOTE(cbdesigncompetition @ Feb 22 2009, 12:14 AM) *
1) We wouldn't be able to see CREATEBLOG cleary cause it'd be written so tiny. or 2) you wouldn't be able to fit past CRE. aniwink.gif

LMFAO.
brooklyneast05
gabbi is my favorite.

i like ricky's but it makes me think of something right off a jostens premade page theme laugh.gif
Maccabee
QUOTE(cbdesigncompetition @ Feb 21 2009, 11:14 PM) *

FTW
Simba
QUOTE(cbdesigncompetition @ Feb 22 2009, 12:14 AM) *
lol dang cbdesigncompetition is fierce
cbdesigncompetition
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:14 AM) *
I believe gabby's font is what the current logo is. Sans.

The current logo is in Century Gothic. createblog
Tung
QUOTE(cbdesigncompetition @ Feb 21 2009, 09:14 PM) *

f*cken thomas. you...

nvrm..i'm gonna talk to you privately over the phone later tonight
Maccabee
Can the winning logo become the avatar of "cbdesigncompetition"?! Either the most popular one or the one Thomas picks.
cbdesigncompetition
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Can the winning logo become the avatar of "cbdesigncompetition"?!

Sure, but this username only posts in the contest.
schizo
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Feb 21 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Gabby, I'm really curious what font you used. I <3 sans serif fonts

It's Geo Sans Light (not century gothic).
Simba
oh dang that's what I use for my watermarks, I dunno why I didn't recognize that; thanks
manny-the-dino
Pinned.

QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Feb 21 2009, 09:03 PM) *
But Natalie clap.gif
What is that font?

Natalia* wink.gif

The font is RNS Bobo Dylan

Melie: I'm not really feeling the bubbles either.
Cheyenne: I... don't really get it. I mean is the main object a spray can or a paint brush?
Christy: Very cute. I like it.
Gabi: I think it's cute & simple but a bit more could be added. I'm so used to your designs having a lot more to them, you know?
Joseph: It's cute as well. (Why is everyone still on the paint theme? xD)
Natalie: Cute as well. I like the concept.
Mike: It's the same style you use all the time. "/
Gabrielle: I love the idea. It's really cute. I love the little paint thing. Ugh I forgot what it's called.
Mike: I could probably see yours really on the homepage. It's so cB. I like it.
Richard: I think it's too simple. You didn't even use any colors. "/
Simba
yours reminds me of M.I.A. esque
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(divergent @ Feb 21 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Painter's Palette.

Yes! There you go.

QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Feb 21 2009, 09:48 PM) *
yours reminds me of M.I.A. esque

Me? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? lol
manny-the-dino
Haha no I know. I guess I was in the middle of adding Juna's quote when you read it.
creole
Schizo's design is clean and very pretty.
I like Natalia's because of the strobe of colors everywhere.
Finally, I like how Christy's design reminds me of the Createblog window.
lovescream
f*ck i missed it

anyway

Melie - I actually really like this for some reason. Simple, clean, nice. I agree, the bubbles seem out of place though.
Mystiicdesigns - Not fond of the font but the idea is creative.
Highwayto4355 - Hmm.. This seems like a creative idea too but I think it's too "busy."
Schizo - Nice, simple, clean, I like it.
JosephCohen123 - The color of 'createblog' seems to kill it all. Again, the idea is nice, but I think the paintbrush could look a bit more professional.
Tomates - I don't like the font used for createblog. It just doesn't fit in this case. The background seems nice I guess though, but the text ruins it.
Mikeplyts - I don't like the effects on the font.. it just doesn't fit. The brushes behind it are okay but it's too.. I don't know. Can't really describe it but something is off.
elltricity - This is very cute, IMO. I like the colors used for each letter on 'create' and the font is legible and simple. Nothing too drastic, nothing too little, I think this is actually my favorite one of the entries.
Manny-The-Dino - I'd say this is very nice if it was not a logo, sorry. It seems really busy and messy and just not fit for a logo. At least in my opinion anyway. Otherwise I really like the design and it'd be better off if it were a graphic piece.
Mike - This is cute actually! I don't think the font fits though, idk why. It seems out of place.
anime-essence - the a is kind of hard to read but the overall idea is nice and simple. Agreed that it looks like the showtime logo lmfao.

Hahaha sorry if I sound picky but I'm just stating what bugged me and stuff.
LittleMissSunshine
i really like elletricity and tomates
heyo-captain-jack
In order:

1: It's a good concept, but doesn't fit the site's design very well.
2: Creative, but too colorful. Colorful isn't good in this case.
3: It looks cool, but it's just too simple for it's style.
4: I like it, it's simple, but professional looking.
5: Looks like a crappy 5 second shop. Too beginner-ish.
6: Looks good, but the font isn't ideal.
7: Not enough contrast on the first part of the word. It's good to actually be able to read things.
8: Good, but the colors are too washed out.
9: Neat design, but I'm not liking the font. It makes me think of Pac-Man.
10: Good idea, but needs a different font.
11: Needs to be bigger, otherwise, it's good.
stormbringer
Melie: Not sure about the whole bubble thing, I love the font though.
Mystiicdesigns: I'm not a huge fan of the colors used, and I do believe you did the whole bevel and emboss thing too much.
Highway to 4335: Neat concept, but I do think that "Createblog" is or would be a little unclear.
Schizo: I like the simplicity, but it's lacking in something, I don't really know what, maybe a clear background or a different shade of blue...
Josephcohen123:The colors I do believe are too primary, and the drawing just a tad too simplistic
Tomatoes: I'm not too sure about the Polaroid and the clear border on the text... but besides that it's pretty nice.
Mikeplyts: Nice concept, but it might be a little too complicated for a logo. For logos, the key is to keep it simple.
elletricity- Nice, the pallet is an awesome touch. The only thing is that some of the text (like the e "e") might be too light against the background.
Manny-the-Dino: The background wouldn't really do for a logo in my opinion. also, the text is a tad bit hard to read.
Mike: Good job, I do like the symbol on the bottom, but I'm a little unsure of the font... only a little.
anime-essence- I like yours because of the simplicity, but the resemblance to the other logo is quite strong also, which detracts from it a little.

overall, congrats to all of the contestants, they all did a fabulous job! thumbsup.gif (sometimes I got very nit-picky)
schizo
Melie: Very professional, but I'm not sure if I'm feeling the color schemes.
Mystiicdesigns: I think you had a decent concept, but the colors and other choices make it look a little too...trippy.
Christy: Love your idea, I just wish it was a little bigger so I could see some detail.
Nat: It would make a great banner, but I don't see it as a logo.
Mike: I really love your font choice and the simplicity of it. I actually think I would like the little icon at the end by itself better than the two combined...if that makes sense.
anime-essence: If the resemblence to the Showtime logo wasn't pointed out, I think it would be really great.
Everyone Else: I'm not a fan of splats, especially for logos.

So yeah. That's my two cents. :)
anime-essence
I didn't look at any references when I created the design. I didn't use any color and the reason why is in my explanation (which wasn't posted). I don't even have Showtime on my Tv so the fact that they are similar is pure coincidence.
none345678
Melie- I think I like the second one best. I love the bubble like things!
Mystiicdesigns- it's cute, but I prefer more professional logs. creative though
Highwayto4355- f*cking awesome lol
Schizo- second favorite. yay simplicity!
JosephCohen123- I done really like the color or blur you did. don't much like it.
Tomates- I don't think I like the Polaroid and splatters. It would be nice with either one or the other but not both. nice job still.
Mikeplyts- eh. idk just not feeling it I guess
elletricity- I like the first bit of it.
Manny-The-Dino- better of the larger more complex (I guess lol) ones. Great job!
Mike- like the top better. :D
anime-essence- I like yours, but it reminds me of another logo can't think for what though lol

I am happy I didn't enter lol. My top favorit was Christy's. happy.gif
jiyong
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Feb 21 2009, 09:07 PM) *
I love elletricity's too.

QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Feb 21 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Gabrielle: I love the idea. It's really cute. I love the little paint thing. Ugh I forgot what it's called.

QUOTE(shannlovin @ Feb 22 2009, 10:18 PM) *
i really like elletricity and tomates

QUOTE(mystline @ Feb 22 2009, 10:01 PM) *
elltricity - This is very cute, IMO. I like the colors used for each letter on 'create' and the font is legible and simple. Nothing too drastic, nothing too little, I think this is actually my favorite one of the entries.

Thanks guys (:

QUOTE(Mike @ Feb 22 2009, 06:03 AM) *
Gabrielle: I think the background could use a little less opacity but yours is probably my favorite.

Thanks ahaha yeah I wasn't 100% about the opacity but if you make it any more or less you either can't read the words or the background is too distracting.

QUOTE(highwayto4355 @ Feb 22 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Gabrielle: It's pretty cute, though i wish the little paint pallete on the O didnt have such soft sides to each blob of color. I disagree with Mike about your background having a lower opacity b/c if you lower it & resize you can't see the little bits of words you have in the background.

Yeah I was thinking about that too but I wasn't too sure how I could make it look right and I couldn't really ask anyone lol.

QUOTE(9001 @ Feb 22 2009, 10:32 PM) *
8: Good, but the colors are too washed out.

QUOTE(stormbringer @ Feb 23 2009, 01:02 AM) *
elletricity- Nice, the pallet is an awesome touch. The only thing is that some of the text (like the e "e") might be too light against the background.

I'll remember that for next time (;

QUOTE(schizo @ Feb 23 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Everyone Else: I'm not a fan of splats, especially for logos.

I guess it is overused a lot.. haha

QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Feb 23 2009, 05:19 PM) *
elletricity- I like the first bit of it.

Haha me too (x

And had I had checked this in time, I would have voted for Christy's. Hers is awesomee (:

And this post is frickin long... oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.