Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Vines
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
HeartOfPandora
Working on a new blog layout / theme for WordPress, but I figure I'd do well with some input before I finish coding it. The image preview is of the entire graphic part of the layout, click for a live version with text, some quick (unfinished?) headings and extended content boxes.

click to enlarge

Any thoughts, good or bad? I feel like there's something missing, I just can't quite put my finger on it. =\ Keep in mind that the sidebar is going to have headings made from images, and not text; I just havn't gotten around to that bit yet.
Tramatize
I think its good, i think maybe you should put a red tree silhouette in there somewhere...but i don't know, i think that if you want to keep it the way it is, its fine.
manny-the-dino
I like it however I'm not really feeling the font you used for your site name. I mean I can see why you would use that font but I think a script font would look better because you're using flowers, you know? But it's really cute. I love the simplicity of it. :)
technicolour
I agree with Nat about the font. I think maybe the color or the glow just might be a bit too much. I LOVE the brush you used in the bottom right corner, though. Absolutely adorable. I think it might be just a bit small, but preview wise I really do like it.
HeartOfPandora
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Feb 4 2009, 09:34 PM) *
...I think a script font would look better because you're using flowers, you know?

I agree, the flower font is just a placeholder for now. But the, all my script fonts look really weird with it...any specifics you think would look nice?

QUOTE(divergent @ Feb 4 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Your copyright and navigation links are on the plus side though, try sizing them down a bit.

Now that you said it, they do look a bit bulky. Duly noted for change. :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.