Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is a food you really want to try?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
chloel
I want to try macaroons from the Laduree bakery in Paris biggrin.gif. Too bad they don't sell them here mellow.gif.
emberfly
I've had everything that I've ever wanted to try.
hi-C
Quinoa. I keep seeing pictures of it being all tasty and I then I say, "I WANNA TRY THAT."
JonHMChan
Falafel. I heard the best thing on the street in NYC.
Maccabee
Ive had it before but I feel like a cheesburger.
And ditto e,berfly. Theres just like one thing.
hi-C
I wanna try Brussel sprouts to see if they're really that bad.
QUOTE(JonHMChan @ Jan 19 2009, 12:53 AM) *
Falafel. I heard the best thing on the street in NYC.
FALAFEL IS AMAZING.
JonHMChan
^ Haha. I'll definitely go find some then. :P
I actually really like Brussel Sprouts, btw. They're really tasty when they're cooked right. I also want some experience in really good Indian food. Like, I love Indian food, but I don't think I've tried the really good stuff.
hi-C
^ OMG, how do you live in New York and never try falafel? Get thee to a Mamouns, stat.
Harp
Squid. cooly.gif
carolannexbh
Um maybe a veggie pizza. I've tried almost everything vegetarian, except veggie pizza. I might just stick to cheese.
AyeVickaye
gabagoo.
hi-C
QUOTE(carolannexbh @ Jan 19 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Um maybe a veggie pizza. I've tried almost everything vegetarian, except veggie pizza. I might just stick to cheese.
Veggie pizza? Like pizza with no cheese? My friend ordered that from Domino's once. She was like, "I know this is weird, but can I order a pizza with no cheese?" And they were like "Yeah, sure."
carolannexbh
^ haha no I mean like with the vegetables on it. My friend had it before and he loved it, but I would never give up my cheese pizza. I like vegetables and I like pizza, but I don't think I could ever like them together.
hi-C
^ OH! Oh yeah, veggie pizza is awesome. Except no olives because olives are disgusting. You know what's awesome? Bruschetta pizza and caprese pizza.
carolannexbh
QUOTE(hi-C @ Jan 19 2009, 09:15 PM) *
^ OH! Oh yeah, veggie pizza is awesome. Except no olives because olives are disgusting. You know what's awesome? Bruschetta pizza and caprese pizza.

Ohhh caprese pizza is so good, my dad makes it. I hate olives as well lol. Bruschetta pizza is really god too. Ohhhh I love caprese pizza lol
gojira
QUOTE(chloel @ Jan 18 2009, 11:41 PM) *
I want to try macaroons from the Laduree bakery in Paris biggrin.gif . Too bad they don't sell them here mellow.gif .

from that specific bakery? you can order them online for cheap. i've been curious too since it's been on a lot of food blogs. they look like ice cream sammiches.

i've been dying to try blowfish (i don't know the legit name).
bigitchbay
Curry...There aren't any Indian Restaurants by where I live :(
heyo-captain-jack
I'd like to try sea urchin again. I had it once a few years ago, but I don't remember the taste.
illriginal
Honestly I've been tryin to find Middle Eastern restaurants. From all the meals that I've seen online it seems like they have a nice all around mixture of cultural food. From Italian, Greek, Asian, even Hispanic food blink.gif

I love eating food from all parts of the world, never had a problem devouring a plate of food from another part of the world thumbsup.gif
misoshiru
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Jan 19 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Squid. cooly.gif

wtf you've never had squid?
Desolation-Row
It be awesome if i ever find a Dr Gerard cookie :P yummy!
moninja

Golden Opulence Sundae -
click to enlarge
smash
definitely wanna try that. but i'd have to taste someone else's. too expensive for me.

i wanna try some "better than sex" cake.
smash
^ what?! serious? you gotta try sushi. it's so fresh. i love it.
shoryuken
caviur
meatloaf
pizzacorndog
hotdogfry
Janette
Indian food in general. Don't think I've ever tried it.
hypnotique
Ethiopian food.

I love the "whole share a giant plate of food with people you love and eat with your CLEAN hands" :)
illriginal
QUOTE(Tori-Ann @ Apr 15 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I've never had sushi before so that would be interesting.

blink.gif

IT'S SUSHI!!! Alright I'm just gonna give you a chance cuz you probably live in the Sierra Desert.

I want to try some uhm... crap I'm still astonished from Tory-Ann not ever having Sushi that I forgot what other food I wanted to try.
hi-C
This isn't really a food I want to try, but a cuisine: raw (vegan) food.
karmakiller
I haven't tried Sushi, either. I'm not fan of most kinds of cooked seafood so I'm going to make the assumption that I probably wouldn't put it on my favorites list. But you all must remember, I am the girl who has also never had a steak.

I would like to try Doner someday. I have only had imitation. I finally tried pickled lemons.
Mikeplyts
I've really wanted to try...frog legs?

I've heard that their gross but I've also heard they were also good so idk..._unsure.gif
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 24 2009, 06:45 PM) *

I've heard that their gross but I've also heard they were also good so idk..._unsure.gif

They taste exactly like squirrel, if you've ever had that. If not, the most similar thing I can think of right now is grilled chicken.
illriginal
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 24 2009, 07:10 PM) *
I haven't tried Sushi, either. I'm not fan of most kinds of cooked seafood so I'm going to make the assumption that I probably wouldn't put it on my favorites list. But you all must remember, I am the girl who has also never had a steak.

I would like to try Doner someday. I have only had imitation. I finally tried pickled lemons.

faint.gif
karmakiller
^ I know, I know. I'll work on it... it's just that I want to find some decent sushi/steak so that it'll be good enough I like it.

QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Apr 24 2009, 06:45 PM) *

I guess it depends on how you cook them. My mom used the make 'em when I was younger and they tasted more like cornish hens to me, haha.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 24 2009, 07:10 PM) *

But sushi isn't cooked, lol. The reason why some people are reluctant to try it is because the ingredients (minus the rice, which is not like regular rice) are raw. Ugh, I'm craving sushi now, but I just had kimbap for dinner. x)

I've never had Pad Thai. D: Ethiopian food would be interesting. I want to eat more Indian food since I've only had it a few times, at an Indian restaurant. The curry was so good.
shanaynay
QUOTE(Tori-Ann @ Apr 15 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I've never had sushi before so that would be interesting.

2nd
karmakiller
QUOTE(interpretation @ Apr 24 2009, 07:53 PM) *
But sushi isn't cooked, lol. The reason why some people are reluctant to try it is because the ingredients (minus the rice, which is not like regular rice) are raw. Ugh, I'm craving sushi now, but I just had kimbap for dinner. x)
I've never had Pad Thai. D: Ethiopian food would be interesting. I want to eat more Indian food since I've only had it a few times, at an Indian restaurant. The curry was so good.
I know, lol, I was just assuming since I don't like cooked seafood I probably don't like raw seafood. It's weird how many people here haven't had sushi considering all the Asian influence xmas.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 25 2009, 12:11 AM) *
I know, lol, I was just assuming since I don't like cooked seafood I probably don't like raw seafood. It's weird how many people here haven't had sushi considering all the Asian influence xmas.gif

Oh. Haha sorry.

We have to do a better job of yellow-washing you all.
hi-C
QUOTE(interpretation @ Apr 24 2009, 08:53 PM) *
Pad thai is amazing, as is Ethiopian food (at least sambusas) so try them now.
hypnotique
Eel.
hi-C
I've had barbecued eel sushi. It was pretty good.
illriginal
Forgive my ignorance but wtf actual meal do Ethiopians have? o.O;

I can only assume, snakes, bats, insects, possibly fish... and typically any mammal they could get their hands on. huh.gif
hi-C
QUOTE(illriginal @ Apr 26 2009, 12:19 PM) *
Forgive my ignorance but wtf actual meal do Ethiopians have? o.O;

I can only assume, snakes, bats, insects, possibly fish... and typically any mammal they could get their hands on. huh.gif
You know, in this case, instead of being ignorant, intolerant, and insensitive, it would do you some good to at least check wikipedia.

I've had vegetarian wat (I don't remember what was in it, probably lentils) and sambusas before. Sambusas are something akin to a samosa. All are amazing.
Harp
QUOTE(hi-C @ Apr 26 2009, 07:09 PM) *
I've had vegetarian wat (I don't remember what was in it, probably lentils) and sambusas before. Sambusas are something akin to a samosa. All are amazing.

Those look so good dribble.gif
hypnotique
thanks to CBC i want to try Pho.
AyeVickaye
Gelato :]
-DressYourEyelids-
gelato ^_^ i'm from an italian family so i got homemade gelato quite often as a child.
stracciatella is my favourite.

one day want to try baked alaska.
firechild
^ Mmm gelato. :)

i really wanted to try tempeh or horse meat
hi-C
Tempeh is okay. I've sauteed it in a bit of soy sauce to make it "taste like" bacon (completely different textures though) for a BLT. Totally unrelated to horse meat though.
Maccabee
QUOTE(emberfly @ Jan 18 2009, 11:52 PM) *
I've had everything that I've ever wanted to try.

Lame. You cant even think of new things?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.