Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resizing images to make into icons? (PS7)
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
JayJayBabyy
So today I got photoshop 7.

Im trying to make an icon, but because i havent got the knowledge of how to use photoshop i dont know how to resize the image, so then i can make it into a icon.

Icons should be 100x100pxls but my image is wayyyy bigger.

Anyone help please?

All replies are appreciated greatly. :)

JJB
x
Tomates
sometimes what i do is i open/make a new slate and make it 100x100 and i will just past the picture into the new slate.
You might have to re-paste a few times and ajust the original image size to make it look the way you want, but then you will have an icon thats 100x100
Harp
Open your image, then go to Image>Image size.
codyfrijole2006
Click ctrl+t and hold the shift key and click and drag to a size you are happy with, holding shift keeps it in proportion.

When I am making an icon/avatar I always make a new document (usually 100X100) and re-size my image and then drag it onto the new document to make sure it looks good, then I add a border and effects etc etc etc

Have fun!
manny-the-dino
What I do is first edit the image to how I want it to look like & then I crop it (press "c" on your keyboard to get the Crop Tool) while holding down shift so it gets cropped as an even square. Then I go Image>Image Size & resize it to 100x100.
Maccabee
Also if you want to crop it to 100x100 go to image>resize>canvas size>100x100 but if the image is really big it will onlyshow the 100x100 pixels in the center.
technicolour
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jan 18 2009, 12:04 AM) *
What I do is first edit the image to how I want it to look like & then I crop it (press "c" on your keyboard to get the Crop Tool) while holding down shift so it gets cropped as an even square. Then I go Image>Image Size & resize it to 100x100.

That is the best way to do it. This allows you to choose what you really want to be in the icon instead of the whole picture- which can possibly lead to you not being able to make out your subject in the icon.

http://www.createblog.com/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=377
Read that. I have a whole tutorial series on Iconing & Icon Coloring. :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.