Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UGH!
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
michellekdo
has anyone noticed the user freeandfullveriongames has been spamming on peoples myspace layouts submissions? isn't it quite annoying? is there any way for that person or ad site or whoever to make them stop spamming on EVERYONE'S page? on the other note, have a good day everyone =D and hope everyone have a happy new year!
libertie
I've banned this user and changed his/her password so hopefully he/she can't login and do this anymore. Moving this to feedback, also.
Jghelfi
There used to be those New users that would Send PM's to us current users that have been here for a while..some weird SPAM saying as an example:
"Hi!, im new here. i want to spend some time knowing morre about you and if you want to see how i look like then CLICK HERE."

i cant really remember it cuz it was a long time ago, but i dont see how they would be able to get away with it when they submitted ALL THEIR INFORMATION to the servers. so Wouldn't there be a way to Track down those Spammers? maybe even those that do nothing but post ABUSIVE messages to others in PM's and in the forums?
karmakiller
Jonathan, if someone is sending you spam e-mails, you can let me or another Admin know and we can take of it. There's no way for us to know about it unless you tell us about it. If an account is spamming the forums, it's more obvious, but PMs are private.
creole
Lol, what happened to that spam user who kept posting weird symbols?
Mickey
The mods delete their posts and disable their posting abilities. It's mostly in the Resource Center so I should really say the Design Staff.
Jghelfi
Alright i'll be sure to be the Tattle tale around here.. happy.gif

hahhaa im just playin, but i will do that, and it really hasnt happened to me ever since like....september 2008!

but i Will keep my Eye out! eek.gif
karmakiller
^ Then why post here huh.gif

Anyways, if it happens you can pretty much PM any mod and it will be taken care of. Either he or she will do it, or get a hold of a staff member who can.

QUOTE(Beenly @ Feb 22 2009, 08:35 AM) *
Lol, what happened to that spam user who kept posting weird symbols?
There's more than one user who does that. There's a lot of them, actually, but staff is fast enough to delete the posts and disable posting. Usually, if a staff member doesn't get to it before you do it's best if you don't post in the topic. Not that there would be anything to say, haha.
Jghelfi
god, theres this guy or girl that is ADVERTISING IN THIS [THREAD]

yea, so it was after when you posted Dee.hahha i can see why..

its PRATOOCOOL...
i feel so ASHAMED!
manny-the-dino
^Got it. Thanks. You know you can always report posts, right?
Jghelfi
AWWW I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!! ohmy.gif

HOW DO YOU DO THAT!!!?
Mickey
On the bottom left of your every post, there's a [Report] button beside the [Up] button.
Jghelfi
AWWW.. I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!

I would never look at the bottom left!
hahahha now i know, THANKS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.