Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: `onigiri_RICEBALLZ
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
creole

Have you guys seen them in a lot of Anime Shows?
Comptine
Yeah. When I was younger and saw it on anime, I sooo wanted to eat some. Same thing with reading Bernstein Bears and wanting to eat honey on toast cause it looked so yummy.

Chinese people kinda have their own onigiri. It's just rice mixed with stuff (in my house, it's dried shredded pork) and then molded into a roll. Kinda like this:

click to enlarge
irisdescence
That looks much like Lemper.
creole

Lemper has a way different taste than Chinese Onigiri.
heyo-captain-jack
Damn, now I want some.
gojira
oh is that the thing with either beans or pork in it? i like the one with meat, fried, with sugar.
creole

M Y F A V O R I T E . S P A M O N I G I R I //
Harp
that shit is yummy (:
LoveToMySilas
Thats so crazy. I was googling the proper name for this the other day. I've always wanted to buy an Onigari but I can only find the chinese ones (looks a lot like the one you posted up.)
Insurmountable
My grandma always makes rice balls especially when we go on long trips. She puts plums in the middle of them..not like the fruit some sour kind that you get at the japanese market. I forget what they are called.

I've never noticed them in shows so much, but recently a lot of people are making little plushies and stickers from them. Its strange.
hypnotique
QUOTE(ninjaBeenly @ Jan 4 2009, 12:59 PM) *

Have you guys seen them in a lot of Anime Shows?

My favorite thing about america is when they refer to them as doughnuts HAHAHAAHAA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.