Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Piercing
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
KaylaKannibal
and it's still pretty swollen. i'm cleaning it just like i was told and i'm, idk, kinda concerned. the piercing guy told me that i can't have melted cheese, tomato products, or ANYTHING with citric acid as well as any type of acidic vegetables. when can i eat these foods again? =D.. how will i know if it gets infected? i think it's okay right now, but i really don't want to take that chance. umm, i think that's all, anyone who can help me, feel free to leave comments.
Thanks, Kayla
dilligrout
You should ask the person who pierced you all of these questions.
That would be best, I would think.
imperfectionistx
I've never heard of the food part, but I guess if he told you, you should listen to him.
Like rjohnson1991 said, you should ask your piercer these questions.

Basically, any piercing you get will become infected, but the severity will vary. Since your body now has a foreign object in it, it will often times try to reject it, resulting in swelling, redness, bleeding, pus, etc.

As long as you continue cleaning it the way you were told, that's the best thing to do. If it gets bad, I've heard that salt water soaks work well.

I hope it looks nice (: I wanted to get a monroe too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.