Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help on making a cool content box FOr myspace
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
Flakko
I want to make a cool content box for myspace i know how to do it but the thing is how do you make it look cool like at a texture to to it or something liket this in the layout the content box have a cool border with dashed lines can someone help on how to do it or know of any good sites or tutorials?

layout site

digitalfragrance
What that site did was created the border in photoshop and incorporated it into his background image in Photoshop. Then with his coding, he positioned his DIV layer with content inside of it.

Step 1:
Part of this tutorial shows you how to make diagonal lines:
http://www.createblog.com/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=905

Step 2:
Create a DIV Overlay Layout:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142922
Flakko
thanks but i know how to code a div layout!

all im asking is how to do the content box i already got the pattern i just want to know how to put in the box u get me now?
Mikeplyts
look where your div class code is and put the below somewhere in there.
CODE
background-image: url("URL");

You might have to remove the quotes. Replace URL with the image url of the image you're going to use.
digitalfragrance
OH. I understand now :]

Make sure that you, in addition to what Mike gave you, add the padding:
CODE
background-image: url("URL"); padding:20px;

That way you can see the border of your box, and not have the whole thing covered up.

Or, you could make the patterned box a part of the background image of your DIV, and then position your content into that area of your background image, like you would a DIV layout.

Mikeplyts
^Yeah, that's what I do. _smile.gif
Flakko
lol thanks both of your for your help but umm i think you guys still dont get me, but anyways i found the answer to my question by messing around in photoshop lol thanks though!
Mikeplyts
No problem.

topic closed.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Dec 26 2008, 07:40 PM) *
topic closed.

And moved
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.