Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy Crap
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
Mikeplyts
I was wondering how you can make text fade in then fade out using Adobe Flash CS4. I tried searching for tutorials on the web and found some but I don't get anything about all the tools, motion, effects, and stuff. Please help. Thanks. _smile.gif

-Mikeplyts
waccoon
It's pretty simple, you just need a motion tween.

Type your text in a different color than the background color (if it's white, don't type white text, etc). Press F8 with the text selected to bring up the Convert to Symbol box - turn it into a movie clip. Change the opacity of the text to 0% (right click on text -> properties -> color - alpha). Make a new keyframe about ~40 frames down (adjustable) and bring up the properties panel again. Change the alpha back to 100% on the THE NEW keyframe. Highlight the layer in the timeline, right click and create motion tween. An arrow should appear inside the frames of the timeline. That's it!

Once you understand how to fade it in, fading out is just a matter of making another keyframe and changing the alpha.
Mikeplyts
^Thanks. I got it. I even added a little sliding effect. tongue.gif This can be closed.
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed & Moved
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.