Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tumblr layouts!
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
batman
more and more ppl are using tumblr... wouldn't it be a good idea to offer tumblr layouts? it's super easy to customize and code!
paperplane
I support this idea. I need to learn how to make them.
brooklyneast05
wtf it i was NOT super easy to customize it imo. it was annoying and confusing. therefore, i 100% agree we should start doing this.
batman
lol i just threw that in for motivation! i've never actually tried to code/customize my tumblr.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(heartquasm @ Dec 14 2008, 01:58 PM) *
lol i just threw that in for motivation! i've never actually tried to code/customize my tumblr.

psh

yeah i was like so confused, id change something and nothing would change. i even went and stole your layout code and stared at it tryin to figure out how to change shit. i finally found an obama theme somewhere online and tried to tear it apart.

hi-C
It's all CSS, really, and meta tags so in theory it's easy to customize. And tumblr is awesome.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(hi-C @ Dec 14 2008, 03:11 PM) *
And tumblr is awesome.

That it is. I would love to have a Tumblr layout made by someone here.
brooklyneast05
^me too

QUOTE(hi-C @ Dec 14 2008, 04:11 PM) *
It's all CSS, really, and meta tags so in theory it's easy to customize. And tumblr is awesome.

yeah i mean i don't think it'd be the hardest thing ever for someone who knew what they were doing. i had a hard time though and i sorta know what i'm doing with coding, that's a really big sorta. for people who have no clue, or the really weird ones who can't even figure out how to use a myspace division layout, it'd be just about impossible for though i think lol.
Simba
aight Jusun said let's deed it (so we can be da best mang)
hi-C
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Dec 14 2008, 04:41 PM) *
aight Jusun said let's deed it (so we can be da best mang)

Srsly?
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(hi-C @ Dec 14 2008, 06:05 PM) *
Srsly?

He hasn't been online since yesterday night, so I don't think so, unless Juna got in touch with him some other way.
Simba
he was at my house last night

oh wait _unsure.gif
hi-C
Way to build up hope Juna stubborn.gif

You still da best, mang.
Simba
QUOTE(hi-C @ Dec 14 2008, 07:30 PM) *
You still da best, mang.
I deed him it.
gojira
lol wow juna ok
Simba
u r jealous

he paid me
hypnotique
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Dec 14 2008, 06:22 PM) *
he was at my house last night
oh wait _unsure.gif

?
Sarahmonster
I agree there should be some on here! I've been looking around for some cute ones but nothing that suits my taste unfortunately, I'm still debating at this moment whether or not to try and create one myself....Guess we'll see!
paperplane
I'm having a hard time integrating disqus into custom layouts. If anyone can help, PM me please!
superstitious
I looked for decent tumblr layouts and have had minimal success. The one I'm using now is ok, but I'm all for having more available. If Jusun doesn't return soon, couldn't staff create a subforum to house codes, similar to how createblog layouts were made available at one time?
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jan 15 2009, 02:56 PM) *
I looked for decent tumblr layouts and have had minimal success. The one I'm using now is ok, but I'm all for having more available. If Jusun doesn't return soon, couldn't staff create a subforum to house codes, similar to how createblog layouts were made available at one time?

you have tumblr ohmy.gif
superstitious
Yar. Haven't used it in a while though.
paperplane
O HAAAAI GUYZ

http://www.tumblr.com/docs/custom_themes
superstitious
Yeah and that's cool, but for those who don't know much about creating their own custom themes and because there's a lack out there, having some available here would still be cool. At least in my opinion. :)
paperplane
Oh, I'd definitely prefer them here. It'd be cool if people used that to start learning to make them so we can offer them here, though :)
Simba
QUOTE(paperplane @ Jan 14 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I'm having a hard time integrating disqus into custom layouts. If anyone can help, PM me please!
yeah, I wish tumblr just had their own option for integrated comments
fire
bamp

I'm trying to navigate through tumblr, damn, gotta get used to it.
fameONE
QUOTE(fire @ Jan 27 2009, 04:34 AM) *
bamp

I'm trying to navigate through tumblr, damn, gotta get used to it.

You're interesting. What's the link to your tumblr.
brooklyneast05
i thought shit would get better now that they added that theme garden...but there's never new themes really. stubborn.gif
fameONE
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Jan 27 2009, 05:07 PM) *
i thought shit would get better now that they added that theme garden...but there's never new themes really. stubborn.gif

I'm going to add you to my fameONE blogroll as well. Gotta big up my seasonal0.gif
fire
543600.tumblr

Who wants to make me a layout?
KINGdinguhling
i agree that all the layouts are really bland
superstitious
BUMPed, for tumblr layouts discussion(s). :)
Tomates
THUMBLR > NEOPETS
BOSS
rofl@thumblr
batman
i think this was mentioned before, but if jusun doesn't get on this, can we open a tumblr subforum for the support forum?

we can post help topics there about disquus, streampad, etc there!
superstitious
^ I don't see why not. :)
karmakiller
QUOTE(heartquasm @ Mar 31 2009, 11:50 PM) *
i think this was mentioned before, but if jusun doesn't get on this, can we open a tumblr subforum for the support forum?

we can post help topics there about disquus, streampad, etc there!
Definitely. I'll give him... a week. hah
tonkabby
biggrin.gif HECK YES! i'm tired of the 'tumblr garden' nothing unique about it. please please, do this. :)
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Apr 1 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Definitely. I'll give him... a week. hah

It's been over a week.

LET'S DO THIS! Please. :)
karmakiller
lol forgot about that post/this topic sad.gif

I don't see why people can't post layouts in the forum for the time being until we have a category. I'll go make the forum.

edit: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showforum=114 shifty.gif
Insurmountable
^Did you make it so the mods can accept or reject the layouts? You should set it up like Trish set up the createblog layouts before Jusun came along and actually added it into the site.
superstitious
Ok, updated a few things. Added Design Staff to the moderator group for that Tumblr Support. I added the bulk mod options (accept/reject) skins as well.

I did this before having any coffee, so let me know if everything looks ok.

Bulk mod options are to the bottom right, I believe. I'll add more (and print screens and such later). Some of the auto post verbiage could be changed. For example, "Skin Accepted" to "Layout Accepted." Not a big deal, "skin" just seems so antiquated to me.
karmakiller
^ You're awesome for doing that. I wanted to make the forum before I left otherwise I'd probably forget haha
superstitious
No worries, here to help. :)
markmejia
sooooooo, how bout it? B]
AngelsBaby
I would love to see some tumblr designs here! :D
Jamesisgsnap
I honestly say it's a good idea.

I all ready Made some tumblr designs, for my tumblr. I was just too stupid at the time to not save them, and let other peeps use them.
HakunaMatata
This topic is olddd but no progress? sad.gif Tumblr is HUGE, still growing, and HAS to be customized. When's the last time you saw a default layout?GOOD GOD I HAVE GO T TO STOP POSTING BEFORE DOING RESEARCH/POKING AROUND THE FORUMS READING DEE'S POST.

So there's this, yay! But what's the dealio with providing layouts? The subforum seems to be holla dead, so are Tumblr layouts just not going to be provided? Because I would LOVE to have a CB Tumblr layout. Actually, now that I think about it, it was the reason I decided to re-visit CB, because I was wondering if it had Tumblr layouts. I'm sure others that have you used CB layouts before (forum-users and not) are wondering the same thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.