Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cure for HIV and Cancer?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Tracy-14
Theres a girl in my english class, that loves to debate.
She usually tries to start something once a class.

Today she mentioned that she heard there is supposed to be a cure for HIV in the next five years. Then she says that she thinks they already have it, and that their just holding back. She also thinks the same thing for cancer.

So as we started to "debate" (wasnt really a good one) my teacher tells us that they could be holding back a cure for cancer because a cure could mean that cancer patients wouldnt be paying for their medicine to help fight it, seeing as its cured.

Whats your opinion?
Did you hear anything about a cure for HIV?

(Sorry, I didnt know if I should put this in debate or not, because it really didnt give our class a good one. _unsure.gif )
freeridefight
Its a possibility, but I mean what can we do much about it?
Gigi
There's no way that doctors and scientists are holding it back to make a few extra dollars. The cynical reason is that there's simply too big of an incentive to achieve overnight fame and celebrity in the medical world, and have a lasting impression in the history books for all time. The more compassionate reason would be that, as doctors who chose this profession for the sole reason to help and save people's lives, they would do anything possible to further medicine and save more lives. Maybe I am naive, but I believe that doctors would not give up thousands, millions of lives a year just so they could milk profits off their patients.
KINGdinguhling
cure for cancer? not proven but still worth a shot, look up Gerson Therapy
gojira
damn foreal?
KINGdinguhling
yupppp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.