Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to tell if fish is baaad
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
batman
So my grandmother gave me like... everything she had in her freezer including a few little filet slices of fish.

I took it out a few days ago to defrost in the fridge (I don't remember when... just that it was some time last week) and completely forgot about it until just now when I was looking for my roommate's deli ham. It doesn't smell at all and I decided to cook it and it doesn't taste funny (I tried a bite) at all...

Idk. I hate wasting food. I know fish isn't supposed to be in the fridge for more than a day or so, but if it doesn't taste bad... what'll happen to me? I'm sort of scared to eat it, but...

Wasting food is bad!
brooklyneast05
if it doesn't smell then you're probably fine. bad fish smells...bad
misoshiru
yeah, if fish is bad, it really really stinks.
karmakiller
I think the general rule is that it lasts for three days in the fridge. Sometimes it depends on the type of fish. If it doesn't smell bad, isn't slimey, or hasn't changed color it's probably still good.
brooklyneast05
if you eat it and get sick then you'll blame yan lin and i

edit

and dee too now
gojira
lol i eat expired food all da time
batman
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Dec 7 2008, 10:30 PM) *
I think the general rule is that it lasts for three days in the fridge. Sometimes it depends on the type of fish. If it doesn't smell bad, isn't slimey, or hasn't changed color it's probably still good.

idk it was sorta pink... but it might've been pink when i put it in the fridge! i just dont really remember :(

dan (10:31:11 PM): think of it this way you won't get diarrhea if you don't eat it

i guess i'm not gonna eat it :(
misoshiru
is it salmon?
batman
no.

it's... i don't even know hahaha, my grandmother put it in some splenda bag.

it's like... white and boneless.
karmakiller
It's always best to be safe than sorry. Plus, if your grandmother gave it to you, you aren't out on any money aniwink.gif
batman
haha.

i told myself that having a little bit wouldn't hurt me and now i had like... half of it.

it's tastes too good to be bad!
misoshiru
okay. if it was white and turned pink...then idk.
batman
i ate too much today already man. i'll probably end up force-puking it in 20 minutes.
gojira
if it smells like what is down there? owait i f*cked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.