Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why...
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Harp
Do I get really light-headed after I take baths?
My mom suggested it was because the water was too hot, but I lowered the temp. and I still felt really dizzy when I got out.
ermm.gif

Tomates
maybe the type of soap?
Harp
^i use the same kind of soap when i take showers, too. it doesn't happen.
Jenni
probably its the type of products u use or da chemicals u smell
i duno
Reidar
The influx of blood rushing from your head as you stand up after a period of lying down in a relaxed state.
Harp
^that sounds believable.
thanks.

QUOTE(Jenni @ Dec 1 2008, 04:03 PM) *
probably its the type of products u use or da chemicals u smell
i duno

the f*ck? that makes about no sense at all.
Castaway
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Dec 1 2008, 02:38 PM) *
^that sounds believable.
thanks.
the f*ck? that makes about no sense at all.

sniff your products before going in the bathroom and see what happens lmao.
Don't be so harsh. She's just trying to help. I don't see the difference in her comment and tomates'

I have no idea. Does this happen every single time? Ask your doctor.
FreakyFellow
try to bath daily... loool.gif rofl1.gif
Harp
^idiot?

i think reidar gave this topic all it really needed.
someone should close it before we get any more un-needed and idiotic posts.
sixfive
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Dec 2 2008, 06:43 PM) *
^idiot?

someone should make you go away before you post any more
Gigi
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Dec 2 2008, 04:43 PM) *
^idiot?

Wow, you're a real bitch.

That's saying a lot.
sixfive
QUOTE(Gigi @ Dec 2 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Wow, you're a real bitch.

That's saying a lot.

Retards can be bitchy, too.
Harp
LOL.
shanaynay
QUOTE(YukkaPukka @ Dec 2 2008, 07:43 PM) *
^idiot?

Yet you continue to respond, someone seems to be a bit of an attention whore.
Tomates
are you anemic?
Harp
^don't know.
FreakyFellow
hey ...i was just joking ....use little hot water it may help you cooling down
KINGdinguhling
QUOTE(Reidar @ Dec 1 2008, 02:05 PM) *
The influx of blood rushing from your head as you stand up after a period of lying down in a relaxed state.

i have no idea if hes lying or not, but im agreeing cause it sounds smart
gojira
you follower.
Comptine
If the water is too hot or you stay in too long, your bath probably has the same effect as a hot tub or hot spring. Which is why health professionals warn against staying in too hot water too long.

Even if you are bathing, your body reacts to the heat of the water the same way it reacts to humidity/air heat. If it's too warm for your body, you start to sweat. Also, the warmer temperature cause your muscle to relax and loosen. This relaxation also applies to your blood vessels. This lowers your blood pressure. While your baths probably aren't long enough to really do heavy damage, physiologically your body reacts to the heat.

Loss of hydration + lowered body pressure = light headness. So when you stand up, you get a whoosh of dizziness.
gojira
damn your posts are informative but such a waste of time, considering the user who posted this topic is a dee dee dee.
karmakiller
^ misuse of my name :(
Comptine
LMAO. ^That was super cute. Lol.
KINGdinguhling
i will defeat the sandy monsta
fire
QUOTE(Reidar @ Dec 2 2008, 09:05 AM) *

I am most certainly sure you mean outflow, when you stand up your body doesn't have enough time to vasoconstrict the lower arterioles and veins in order to maintain a more even blood pressure as the blood rushes down due to a thing called GRAVITY!!!!!.

Yeah, non uni season.
KINGdinguhling
lmaooo
Reidar
QUOTE(fire @ Jan 24 2009, 01:52 AM) *
I am most certainly sure you mean outflow, when you stand up your body doesn't have enough time to vasoconstrict the lower arterioles and veins in order to maintain a more even blood pressure as the blood rushes down due to a thing called GRAVITY!!!!!.

Yeah, non uni season.

Haha, no. Your accentuation of the word "influx" does not cohere with the attempted contrast to "outflow" because an "influx" can be in any which direction. If blood is rushing out from the head, it obviously must be effusing into something. I'm usually the one to bring up semantics so I'm sympathetic to others who feel that a singularity is enough to throw off the sentence, but only when the parsing of words isn't completely wrong. Also, vasoconstriction does not maintain a "more even blood pressure" because the act of constraining the pressure gradient is inciting a disparity from the region that is insulated from said CBF; the very definition of "constriction" necessitates unevenness. That's how hemodilation acts diametrically to balance out, and vice versa, but only with one and the other doing so in synchronization.

This all becomes very basic when you've studied NO2 products for so long.
fire
Hells, I don't doubt the fact you know what youre saying, however no where did you state that the sudden loss of blood from the brain causes her faintness. However I can argue the use of the vasocontriction in order to maintian the "more even blood pressure" as it is a reflex in the neural system due temperature biofeedback, its initial effect is yes a change in pressure...

You know what? f*ck this, I haven't done neurophysiology in a year, you win, is that what you want to hear?
KINGdinguhling
f*ck that i refuse to let reidar win, like letting the retard cut in front of you
fire
Dude had me cracking open my old lecture notes. NO I refuse to do so. I'm on freaking holidays, I've been studying for a year straight last year. IT IS MY BREAK, I REFUSE TO LOOK AT UNI BOOKS FOR AN E-FIGHT
KINGdinguhling
because your arguing with
fire
On another note, Reidar how do I back squat without f*cking up my back everytime?
KINGdinguhling
reidar, can you crush an a can on your forehead
gojira
QUOTE(KINGdinguhling @ Jan 24 2009, 05:07 AM) *

engrish prs
Reidar
QUOTE(fire @ Jan 24 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Hells, I don't doubt the fact you know what youre saying, however no where did you state that the sudden loss of blood from the brain causes her faintness.

That's exactly what "The influx of blood rushing from your head" asserts. The "influx" is consequently flushing from the head.

However I can argue the use of the vasocontriction in order to maintian the "more even blood pressure" as it is a reflex in the neural system due temperature biofeedback, its initial effect is yes a change in pressure...

That's a fallacious amounting of what facilitated fusion leads to. Vasoconstriction in and of itself does not cause the balance, but incites hemodilation to create the equity you're trying to attribute it (constriction) to, which is not an incommensurate process like the repression of blood flow is.

QUOTE(fire @ Jan 24 2009, 05:03 AM) *
On another note, Reidar how do I back squat without f*cking up my back everytime?

Do box squats so your form doesn't suck.
LittleMissSunshine
QUOTE(KINGdinguhling @ Jan 24 2009, 12:19 AM) *
i have no idea if hes lying or not, but im agreeing cause it sounds smart

QUOTE(gojira @ Jan 24 2009, 12:20 AM) *
you follower.

loled @ that ^.

i agree with Reidar, my sister tends to just sit or lay down for certain amount of time and then takes a shower. she get's headaches.
Blyat
mabey becuase when you get up/out from the bath, you move too quickly up and that can make you dizzy
karmakiller
^ Someone hasn't been keeping up with the topic.
KINGdinguhling
QUOTE(KINGdinguhling @ Jan 24 2009, 02:07 AM) *

Maccabee
Its cause the water was hot and when you got up it was cold and the sudden tempeture change made you light headed. One time my mom had to take a really hot bath and when she got out to fast she fainted.
Comptine
QUOTE(JosephCohen123 @ Jan 28 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Its cause the water was hot and when you got up it was cold and the sudden tempeture change made you light headed. One time my mom had to take a really hot bath and when she got out to fast she fainted.

You're dumb.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Comptine @ Jan 28 2009, 08:56 PM) *
You're dumb.

x2
goth-nina
I actually fainted after a hot bath when I was a kid. Of course, it was the temp of the water. Could be something you used, a bath product, or you're simply tired--haha.
Blyat
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Jan 27 2009, 08:48 PM) *
^ Someone hasn't been keeping up with the topic.

lol guilty ^__^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.