Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do I get these picture colorings?
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
locurafan
I really like how these pics look. Very myspace-y lol. Does anyone know how to get these effects?

imperfectionistx
Up the brightness & contrast? rolleyes.gif
technicolour
A lot of those effects can be created from Duplicating the picture, setting that layer to soft light and then upping the Brightness/Contrast. Real easy.
Gigi
Personally I enjoy the Duplicate, Screen, Duplicate, Soft Light or Overlay maneuver.

Or you could simply just up the Brightness/Contrast by at least 20 respectively.
locurafan
thanks guys! The colors didn't turn out EXACTLY like in the pics but I'm guessing it depends on the camera and your surroundings tongue.gif
lovescream
If you're using Photoshop, I think you should add a new adjustment layer (layer>>new adjustment layer I think, but I don't have photoshop opened so I'm not exactly sure), and set a new gradient map that is black and white. If your preview is checked, the pic should turn black & white. Then, when you press okay, set that new layer to Luminosity.

And then I think you should edit the curves.

And then MAYBE, just maybe, do some selective coloring.

The little things count as much as the big ones. ;)
Blaqheartedstar
most of the time its the camera's doing.
levels, brightness/contrast, duplicating the layer and setting it to overlay or soft light
does the trick.
locurafan
thanks for all the suggestions you guys! I've tried using all these methods happy.gif

are there any sites for these kinds of myspace-ish colorings and stuff? lol
technicolour
Define sites?
PixieNeedles
This is done in photoshop.

Open your image, then duplicate the layer. On the duplicated layer go to filter>>blur>>Gaussian blur.

Make that setting about a 6.7 to 7. Hit ok

Now make the blurred layer set to Overlay. Thats it. Adds a pretty glow to the image. You can change the effects by adjusting the blur or using different layers like screen, darken etc.
locurafan
pixieneedles: thanks! that's like my oldest technique. never fails!
alison-apples
Along with all that was mentioned in this thread, there's also things called "actions" you can download and use in Photoshop.

A place to get the actions:
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/app...ctions/?order=9

And here's how to use them:
http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Tips/GettingStartedPS.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.